PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye 2007 Event List

mojosvt
04-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, even though here in Columbus we are expected to get 2-3 inches of snow this weekend, I thought I would take a few minutes to put together a tentitive list of events that have been mentioned over the past few months. I figured this way we are once again all on the same page, and can start planning ahead as far as possible. I was going to list the car show/cruise in's separte from the road course and drag race events ( I also have the list for the Ohio SCCA auto-x events, thouse who are interested, just let me know), but I thought it might be nice to see them all in one list by date, so that is what I am going to do. Like last time, I will also be posting this over on the forums, so that we can continually update it, and make changes as needed.

Two more things before I start throwing dates at you. First, I was talking with fellow member Ernie T. and he brought up the idea of doing quarterly meetings. We all could meet (as many of us as possible), and go out to dinner, and simply socialize. this would help with group dynamics, and hoping planning for the future. And depending on the weather, it is one more excuse to get out and drive our cars, and hang out together. He brought up the idea of rotating areas of the state. As of right now, our main populations are in Cleveland, Columbus, and Cinci. Just let me know what you guys think. Mike R. has graciously offered us to come for a grill out on the friday prior to the Hot Rod Power Tour, and as a few of us are already planning to attend that evetn, that might be a good opertunity for a first group meeting (social event!)

Secondly, I am still in the works of trying to hold a SVT Cobra Club Cruise-In at the Quaker Steak and Lube here in columbus. I just wanted your opinion on how many of you guys would be interested in attending, and when would you like to do it? Just thoughts?

Ok, now for the dates (this is everything I have, if you want to add, Please Do!)

MAY:
15th - CRT Drag Day at Norwalk raceway

June:
1st - Grill out at Mike Redingers
2nd- Beginging of Hot Rod Power Tour, I-X Center, Cleveland, OH
(might follow all weekend?)
15th - CRT Drag Day at Norwalk Raceway
29th - Check in for SCMC Open Track Driving School at VIR
30th - Day 1 of HPDE at VIR
July:
1st - Day 2 of HPDE at VIR
18th- CRT Drag Day at Norwalk Raceway
21st - Fun Ford Weekend Car Show/ Drag Day/ Cruise in , Norwalk, Oh

August:
4th - Buckeye Stangs Summit racing Car show - Summit Store
5th - Mustang club of Ohio Show at Krieger Ford, Columbus Oh
5th- 15th Annual Mustang Round-Up Ferando Ford, Girard, PA.
18th - CRT drag Day at Norwalk raceway

Sept:
15th - SCMC Open Track Driving School at Gingerman Raceway, MI

October:
3rd - CRT Drag Day and Norwalk Raceway

I know that more events will pop up at the summer comes along, we will just have to keep each other informed. How this helps, and looking forward to seeing you all very soon.

XCOBRAX
04-13-2007, 03:25 PM
June 16th at Summit Racing is the Super Summit event. This is their biggest event of the year. A huge show and many, many vendors.
Also.. 10% off most items. You need to get there early for this one or have to park miles away and get bussed in.

mojosvt
04-15-2007, 04:43 PM
i was under the impression that the summit show was on August 4th? I am not sure where I got that date?

SvilleCobra
04-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Super Summit is very different from the All Mustang Show in August...you both have the dates right, just different events.

Super Summit very cool....every hot rod and performance car you can think of....very custom and personalized vehicles make this one of the best shows in the region.

The BuckeyeStangs All Mustang Show is self-explanatory. Great show as Mustangs from everywhere in the region come to this event. It grows every year and the BuckeyeStangs and Summit do it right.

Wldnswt
04-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Hey guys,

I am thinking about selling my Cobra. I'm thinking about a Shelby so I'd have to sell the Terminator. For those of you who haven't seen the car it is a 2004 Torch Red. It has 3,500 miles on it, garage kept, never seen rain or snow. It is still stock other than some Flow masters, at the last Dyno day we did it hit 393 Hp
If any one is interested I am taking feelers on what it would be worth to someone. I've seen some on E bay with more miles selling for 28,000 and more?

See ya soon,

Jeff B

SvilleCobra
04-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Hey Jeff....

Good luck with the sale.....don't let it go for less than 28,000! I would list it close to 30k with the low miles.

I would also list it on www.svtperformance.com

mojosvt
04-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Good luck with the sale, I would also tell you to put it up at svtperformance.com, as that is where I sold my 03. Corral.net is another good site.

Another event was add for August 5th, Thanks, Mike

Wldnswt
04-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestions, but for now I've decided to keep the Terminator. Apparently people are still willing to pay 10 to 15 thousand over sticker for the Shelby's. That's too rich for my blood and I honestly don't think the car is worth that kind of money. I may look again next year if the prices level out.
I still love my 04 though and it's still the best bang for the buck out there!:bounce:

Wldnswt
04-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to add a possible event for you...
Probably the biggest event in the Cincy area, July 28-29 The Tri State Mustang Club has their Show and Pony Drive. The Show itself is on Sunday only and they have some other events and a Pony Drive to Metamora, Ind On Sat. We attended last year and really enjoyed the Pony Drive, It was lead by a Shelby Gt500 that Reps from Ford drove down from Michigan.
I can get more details for those interested and if you do want to come Carol and I have two extra bedrooms we can offer and of course the couch and floor! :):bounce:

Stang66
04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Hey all, just getting caught up on all the info on the site. Saw the Reddinger cook-out on June 1st. Should be able to make that (unless I am at the state track meet)- just let me know time and what to bring. Can't go on the tour but would like to see the start at the I-X center.

Keep updating and pick places for a meeting. I would personally like one in the Akron/Canton area or Cleveland but almost anywhere is fine.

Keep me in the loop and I will help as much as possible

Mike