PDA

View Full Version : 99 Cobra fuel pump

srochefort
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I bought the Ford GT pump and can't get it installed in my 99 Cobra. I personally have not tried, but I took it to a mechanic today and he said it does not fit. The part # is 4G7Z-9A407-CA did I get the right one for my 99 Cobra? I am finished with the dreaded 03 Eaton swap on my 99 and that is the last thing to do. Well that is if you don't count the new oil leak, alternator not charging, tensioner out of alignment causing the belt to tear, and getting it tuned. I did all the other work myself, but took it to a mechanic because it has a full tank of gas and I didn't want to mess with it. I read one post that said you have to take it out of the plastic casing. Any one ever done this?

99SVT3753
04-16-2007, 12:58 PM
it's not a direct replacement part, no .. shoulda done your homework first.

the SVT Focus is a direct replacement .. the GT version needs to have the proper harness and edit the basket. :)

and with a whipple, ya should opted for the DUALs :)

srochefort
04-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Is the Focus pump a direct replacement for the 99 Cobra? If it is, does anyone know the part number for that?

And it's not a Whipple, it's a stock Eaton from a 2003 Cobra that I put on my 99.

99SVT3753
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Is the Focus pump a direct replacement for the 99 Cobra? If it is, does anyone know the part number for that?

And it's not a Whipple, it's a stock Eaton from a 2003 Cobra that I put on my 99.ya sorry I meant Eaton. I have 2 I'm porting right now from and '03 n '04

yes .. remember to mod your BUCKET at the bottom :)

here's some good reading
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/BAPsvtFocus_kens.pdf

I can't access the parts database from work computer (d@mn military connection) .. but your local Ford dealer has it readily avail.

blk04cobra1
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
agreed...focus pump is direct replacement and will support up to 500rwhp+...call your local dealer and get one :thumbsup: