PDA

View Full Version : Any other Convertible owners seen this..

TimGossett
04-24-2007, 02:52 PM
I took my 01, into the dealership to get some minor paint work done. I had noticed the driver door glass was catching the convertible top when I closed the door, I talked to a friend and he stated his GT did that too. I not having owned a convertible before assumed it was just part of the package for a drop top car that you have problems like that.
Well the work that was suppose to take 2 weeks at the dealer is now in its 4th week. Seems the door glass was unglued from the back retainer/guide. So the dealership was nice enough to reglue the glass, when I went to get the car and tried to put the window down it was binding and would not go down. They checked and the window was out of the front track, and had pulled the rear unglued again.
I left the car and they were having a glass company come out the next day to try a different glue (other than the silicone). I called late that day, that one still came apart again, the put in a new glass from another car and it pulled it out as well. So now they are replacing all the tracks, guides, the glass, and the regulator.
The car is suppose to be ready tomorrow at lunchtime. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. If not I guess I will have to repair it myself.

If anyone has run into this before let me know.

Sonicbluesvt
04-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I have noticed that my passanger side door catches a little. It sounds like I wont be taking it to the dealership to get it fixed though. lol. Hope they get you fixed up soon.

TimGossett
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I admit its been rough to be without the car this long. Especially since the weather has been perfect here. The good news is I got it back today. they did a sweet job, Honestly I cant be mad at them, his quote did not include repair of my window. The shop was nice enough to do the work because they noticed that the window was unglued. Which ended up in them replacing the tracks, and just to be safe they changed the regulator and motor. Works like a dream now and it doesn't strike the top with the window up now. All in all I have to give them a pat on the back for going out of their way to make me happy. :thumbsup:

nckissfan
04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I haven't encountered any problems with the top, or the windows for that matter

cobrabitn
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I just had mine done on my Pace Car because the driver door window went up too far. It's ridiculous that the window isn't a "bolt in" so you wouldn't have that problem. Anyway, the dealer got a glass guy to come and adhere the window to the window track and it works great. I do like the Ford dealer in Rock Hill because they seem to have a pretty knowledgeable staff! I give them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VenomSVT
04-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Glad you got it all worked out!:thumbsup: Tony that's good to know about the Rock Hill Ford dealer.:D