PDA

View Full Version : SCMC in IL

BadPny
05-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi SCMC members!,

My name is Bill Drzal. My wife Emmy Lou and I are the IL State Event Coordinators for the SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC). We just got our Cobra out of winter storage two weeks ago and so the urge to start the cruise season is strong. Last year we chaired several SCMC events in IL. We planned and did cruises to the Wheaton Ford night and Lombard Cruise night. We also went to Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI to participate in the car show and track event. The above events all occurred as scheduled. Unfortunately, very few members chose to attend these SCMC IL events. I understand that the membership is spread through out the state of IL, so I am curious what types of events you would be interested in attending? Meet at a location and cruise and have dinner? Meet and show at a car show? Drag or track events? In the past we also attended cruises on the Mississippi River Road and to Staved Rock. As a suggestion, what about a cruise to the Morris car show and dinner? Other suggestions?
The one event planned for this year is to the attend the 2007 SVT Cobra National in South Haven, MI on September 15th-16th. There will be a car show and a track event. This is the first track event I ever participated in and got hooked. Learn to drive your Cobra the way it was meant to be driven! You learn the course with instructors in your own Cobra. See the club Web site for more details.
Attached is a flyer for an all Ford show at Packey Webb Ford in Wheaton on June 2nd from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event's aim is to help the less fortunate people of DuPage County. This is a very low key event which is for a good cause. I will be at this show and welcome you to also attend!
We are looking forward to meeting all of you this year. Please feel free to call me during the evening-hours at 630-293-7866.

Drive safe and have fun!

Bill & Emmy Lou
West Chicago, IL
1999 Cobra Conv with a little stuff in it

?

PETSNKE
05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Attached is a flyer for an all Ford show at Packey Webb Ford in Wheaton on June 2nd

See ya there Bill :thumbsup:

On Saturday, June 2nd, 2007 Gear Up to Help DuPage County’s less fortunate at Packey Webb Ford's, 3rd annual All Ford Car Show, sponsored by the Windy City SVT Owners Association and Packey Webb Ford.

The Windy City SVTOA and Packey Webb Ford in Wheaton, Illinois will sponsor a car show to benefit the People's Resource Center (PRC) serving DuPage County residents. PRC provides services, including food, clothing, rent assistance, and holiday gifts, as well as helping to gain a better foothold in the economic mainstream through training and education programs.

The Show will feature door prizes, food and beverages. Donations are asked in the form of canned food goods, new Children’s toys (in the package not gift wrapped) or cash! The Windy City SVTOA Club will match cash contributions up to $400.

Please join us from 10 AM until 3 PM for a day of Shelbys, Cobras, Mustangs, Saleens and Roush cars and other Ford Powered Products all topped off with free food, beverages, door prizes and assisting those in need.
For more information contact David Dickey at Packey Webb Ford 630-668-8870.