PDA

View Full Version : Cobra emblem

CaliCobra
05-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I have been attempting to find out if the Cobra emblem that you see on the front grill of most Cobras is factory or aftermarket. I was under the impression that Cobras came with the Mustang Pony as the grill badge... Thanks for assisting in an on going battle amongst friends!

cablernc
05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
They came with the pony. The Cobra is aftermarket! Hope you win the bet. LOL

tazzracing1
05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
The cobra in the grill is aftermarket, The pony is standard in the grill of all mustangs exept the GT 500

ScreaminMystic
06-04-2007, 10:48 PM
never mind

Red Wedge
06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
The cobra in the grill is indeed a modification since the running pony was the stock emblem that came on cobras. However, you can get these cobra emblems that have an official Ford OE part number since originally they were going to put these on there to start with before changing their minds and going with the pony instead.

Also the running pony is NOT standard in the grill of all mustangs, Fox bodies did not have them in the grill. They had the Ford Blue Oval emblem instead.

cobrabitn
06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Well...not all Fox bodies, didn't the 93 Cobras have a running pony in them? ;)

Red Wedge
06-26-2007, 03:45 PM
The cobra in the grill is indeed a modification since the running pony was the stock emblem that came on cobras.

Also the running pony is NOT standard in the grill of all mustangs, Fox bodies did not have them in the grill. They had the Ford Blue Oval emblem instead.
My first line was covering the cobras, the last was was in reference to non cobras. BUT with the GT500's I guess we can't even say that since they do indeed come with a cobra instead.

wildwoman
08-21-2007, 07:49 AM
I originally put the aftermarket Snake in the grill but then I found this awsome 4" 3d Snake on mustangmedallions.com. They have silver and gold models. I love it! :thumbsup:
I still have that little flat snake if anyone is interested.

cobrabitn
08-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Mail your flat one here and I'll put it on my pace car. :)

SCMC
1642 Huntmoor Dr
Rock Hill, SC 29732

:thumbsup: