PDA

View Full Version : 03' spr chgd bone stock tech help needed

LiveCobra
05-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I've owned my '03 SuperCharged cobra for about 8 months now. I've grown up loving corvettes but I have to say, I love that Cobra. Heck, I just love American Muscle period!!! It's pretty much stock with the exceptions of Flows and an air intake. I'm ready to get some more boost out of that Eaton and some more stopping power to go with it and are looking for suggestions on how to do it on a fairly small budget. Here is a small list of what I was thinking about doing.
Underdrive Pulley
Shorter Serpentine Belt
SCT computer Programmer
MagnaFlows
For braking, all I know is that I wante a drilled/slotted look with RED COBRA calipers however, I haven't found a package that has both.

Any suggestions on products, brands, etc...

Beto, Houston, TX :thumbsup:

Big T
05-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I've owned my '03 SuperCharged cobra for about 8 months now. I've grown up loving corvettes but I have to say, I love that Cobra. Heck, I just love American Muscle period!!! It's pretty much stock with the exceptions of Flows and an air intake. I'm ready to get some more boost out of that Eaton and some more stopping power to go with it and are looking for suggestions on how to do it on a fairly small budget. Here is a small list of what I was thinking about doing.
Underdrive Pulley
Shorter Serpentine Belt
SCT computer Programmer
MagnaFlows
For braking, all I know is that I wante a drilled/slotted look with RED COBRA calipers however, I haven't found a package that has both.

Get a smaller upper supercharger pulley, Pulley Puller, and an aux idler pulley to help with belt slip. NGKTR6 plugs $20.00 for 8 at NAPA(easy to change yourself). Smaller belt will also be needed. You will need a new tune which is usually for free from the place you purchased the programmer from. Underdrive pullies are not really used with our cars. The whole deal will cost about $350-$500 and you will have 450-475rwhp with an attitude. Shop around. LFP. RPM outlet, Billetflow all have good products. There are many places to get what you need.

mkkrs1
05-20-2007, 10:42 PM
you have 13" brakes. Save your money and paint the cailpers red. not worth the price just to get the red 10th anniversary ones.

LiveCobra
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
big help...as far as exhaust..I've always liked Magnaflow. I see they have a kit with an X-pipe, high flow cats, and mufflers...any other suggestions?

blk04cobra1
05-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I personally like Bassani, but Maggie's sound nice too...good luck with your mods, there are a couple of mod shops down in Houston that would be happy to help you out as well locally :thumbsup:

JROC
05-23-2007, 03:17 AM
How about a Cobra R brake kit. Not red though.
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=541

I like my Magnaflows but I wish they were louder. An X-Pipe and some LT's may be in order. :D

ausie
05-23-2007, 07:04 AM
Underdrive Pulley
Shorter Serpentine Belt
SCT computer Programmer
MagnaFlows

As what others said, the underdrive pullies should not be used with the Terminators (best not to slow down the water pump). Just a smaller supercharger pulley along with idler and tune should be good place to start.
From what I have researched so far on calipers, it is not a good idea to use combination type rotors (slotted and drilled). Check out KVR in Canada for rotors. I was told by an owner/tuner of a Lexus at one of the car shows I attended that they were only type he uses on all of his vehicles.

http://kvrperformance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=18743