PDA

View Full Version : Whipple owners question

mkkrs1
05-20-2007, 09:46 PM
If I already have a 2pd lower which upper should I run. not sure what boost level is to much.:D

blueblazes
05-21-2007, 01:37 AM
If I already have a 2pd lower which upper should I run. not sure what boost level is to much.:DGuess it really depends on what kinda gas you wanna run. From what ive read and come to understand 17lbs is about all you want to run on pump gas, 93 octane in this case.

Given that info you could run a 3.25 upper pulley with your 2lb lower and achieve 17lbs boost. 17lbs boost and 18*-19* of timing would be super safe street tune, and make great power.:burnout:

hope that helps!

InfamousSVT
05-21-2007, 02:41 AM
If I already have a 2pd lower which upper should I run. not sure what boost level is to much.:D
With the stock upper for the Whipple (3.5") and a 4lb lower I was only getting about 15lbs of boost, but then again I had mid-length headers. If it were me I'd put a 4lb lower on it to get the extra torque, but if you don't feel like changing out your alternator pulley just go with the 3.25 upper. You still plan on spraying it on top of the Whipple? If you do, just spray a small shot and 50 isn't small, I'm talking 35 or so. You will love the power of the Whipple :D

Oh yeah, it's never TOO much :thumbsup:

mkkrs1
05-21-2007, 08:13 PM
keeping the spray. I was thinking 19lbs would be safe.

Big T
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm at 15#(2# lower and 3.5) until I can get a good dyno tune. I want to run some fuel additive so I can run more boost(as much as possible). I was told 17# is about the most you can run with 93 octane .

InfamousSVT
05-21-2007, 10:53 PM
keeping the spray. I was thinking 19lbs would be safe.
The boost depends on timing and fuel, running 19lbs with low timing and the right amount of fuel and say you get 600rwhp, but you can also run 17lbs with more timing and the right amount of fuel and be at the same hp level. It's all in the tune, so what ever amount of boost you run will net you "x" amount of hp depending on the tune.
If I were you I'd run around 17lbs of boost with an aggressive tune and then have a different tun with a little less timing for the spray. Either way you're going to have a nasty beast to play with. :thumbsup: