PDA

View Full Version : Climate control lights

cbrown9064
05-21-2007, 03:10 AM
OK All, here is a dumb question for you. Hopefully it is quick and painless.

One (or more) of the bulbs for the fan/temp/air flow controls on my 96 are burnt out. How do you replace? I had the two screws out from above the CD player, but it looks like you might have to pull the radio and CD player to remove the trim piece? Sounds like a bunch of work for a couple little bulbs. I tried to get my hand up behind the dash, but can't seem to find a way up there. I didnt try removing the glove box yet.

Also, one other question...what is everyone doing with the seat? I am 6'1" and really feel close to the wheel. Does everyone just live with it, or modify the seat brackets like have been posted here.

Thanks all!

XCOBRAX
05-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Can't give you an answer about the bulbs but being 6'4" I know about the seat.
Two years ago, when I did the seat on my 04, RPM sold a kit that moved the drivers seat back 4 inches. That worked pretty well but left the shifter just out of reach. So.. I got the Hurst Billet shifter and had the second bend taken out it so it moved the shiter back about 3".
I just did a search and came up with this.. http://www.v8power.com/item--Engineered-Seat-Extender-Rails-1999-2004-Mustang-Cobra--KBP20003.html

cbrown9064
05-23-2007, 02:14 AM
Good info on the seats! Thanks!

Chris

SNAKEYE
05-24-2007, 09:16 PM
You can remove the seat and rails from the car and reposition the seat on the stock rails about 1&3/4" toward the rear. Once you get the seat off of the rails and can view the bottom of the seat you will see a couple of undrilled stamped holes about 7/8" & 1&3/4" forward of the rear-most tapped holes. Drill and tap either of these. Then just drill two holes in the rails 7/8" or 1&3/4" to the rear of the forward holes in the rails. You will need a couple of drill bits, a tap and couple of bolts (similar to stock ones in diameter) if you can't get a tap of the same size/thread as the stock bolts. A good hardware store can set you up.
Do a search for something like 'seat mod' on this forum or over on 'svtperformance.com'. I've seen it somewhere, just can't recall exactly where.
Actually I found a how-to write-up after I did the same thing to the seat of a friend's GT.
A couple of bucks and an hour of sweat equity and you'll fit right in!