PDA

View Full Version : A/C comes out Defroster ...

parkerbama
05-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Of course the temp. goes up and the A/C starts going wierd on me ...
My 94 Cobra is stuck on the defrost position. I can change to a/c high ,low,vent ect. but all the air keeps coming out the defroster. Started last week when I turned the defroster on in the morn. then the A/C on on the way home ... It has reverted to normal just twice in the past week but getting to be a pain.. any suggestions where to start?

Also .. I get a shimmy around 60 mph ... goes away around 70 mph... Had the tires checked and balanced but still does it ... checked rotors, and visually checked front suspension nothing out fo the ordinary ... any known issues?

tazzracing1
05-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Sounds like you have a vacuum line off and not operating the door for the heater control.

InfamousSVT
05-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Sounds like you have a vacuum line off and not operating the door for the heater control.
What he said, check your vacuum tree in the engine compartment next to the brake booster. Make sure all those lines are secure. It wouldn't hurt to zip tie them on either especially if running a good bit of boost.

ausie
05-23-2007, 07:24 AM
I get a shimmy around 60 mph ... goes away around 70 mph... Had the tires checked and balanced but still does it ... checked rotors, and visually checked front suspension nothing out fo the ordinary ... any known issues?
Can you tell where the vibration is comming from? It could be the rear gears or differential assembly. Also, the yokes on the drive shaft could be worn which may also create a vibration.

How do the tires look in relation to tread wear. If you run your hand over the tire tread how does it feel. It should not feel cupped or wavey, if it does have your alighnment checked.

parkerbama
05-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Found broke hard vacuum line at tree fixed it and no good. Traced it to the passenger side gong into the firewall. Does it go into a black box that possibly houses the door flaps and is part of the duct under the dash? Dont have too much time tearing into it ... work, work, work.
Where could I get a vacuum diagram?

The tires are good but I did notice a rolling sound when I make sharp left turns. Sounds like something heavy rolling from one side of the car to the other. Sounds like it is coming from the back somewhere.

I can not determine where the shimmy is coming from (doesnt always happen) ... front or back.

I guess I am gonna have to put it in the garage , drive my truck and piddle a little at a time.:mad:

parkerbama
06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Found more leaks and repaired them in the vacuum line ... alls cool now ... thanks alot guys ...

gonna conquer that vibration next ....