PDA

View Full Version : Requesting assistance: 'totaled' 03 Cobra

tseif
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Recently, an 03 Cobra that belongs to my family was rolled at relatively low speed. For the sake of insurance, the car is totaled. It has roughly 12000 miles on it, was kept in impeccable condition and ran a 12.24 in the quarter mile. Upgrades include Flowmaster Exhaust, upgraded throttle body, upgraded intake and smaller SC Pulley. All original parts are in storage as well. I would like to borrow on the knowledge of the experts here to try and answer a few questions. They are as follows:

-What parts do you think would be useable? (I assume engine, trans, drivetrain, interior)

-What forums, etc. would be good to get the word out that I am interested in selling parts from this car? (sale would most likely be conducted through EBay for the security of all parties)

- What would be realistic ballpark prices I could expect to get for each of the parts?

-Do you believe there would be any interest in purchasing the entire vehicle in its current condition?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Mods: I have read the "read before first post" thread and hope that I am not breaking any rules with this thread. If I am, I apologize and feel free to notify me of such. Thanks.

SuperG
05-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Just a quick suggestion...you might check E-Bay and see if there have been "totalled" cars there and see what price they typically go for. That way you can get rid of the entire car...most likely a junk yard will not give you anything close to what it's real value is.

99SVT3753
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
depends on how bad the body is .. just because they total it (costs more than a certain % to fix the car back to it's value) doens't necessarily mean it can't be fixed and driven again. I've purchased a couple totalled vehicles myself fixed them up (2 3rd Gen Camaros).

if it's unfixable, then you will be able to get a decent price for the engine/harness/ecu and transmission easy .. interior parts would go .. (if they are the white leather, I'd hit you an offer) .. :)

Tim

tazzracing1
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I would take the 3rd brake light if it's not cracked and in one piece. Let me know.
If you want to part the car out most site don't allow selling items till you have a few post under you belt.
But heres one www.svtperformance.com (http://www.svtperformance.com) this will be the easiest to sell parts on.
Let me know on the 3rd brake light. Pics help sell.

tseif
05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
All,

Thanks for the helpful info! I have only received a couple pictures of the car. I will keep you posted as I get more information. Ideally, I'd like to find someone interested in the entire vehicle, but we shall see. Thanks again folks!

520hemi
06-10-2007, 04:49 PM
i just bought a 16,000 mile 2003 cobra conv and the engine blew up on me within first 30 miles. i have family about 1 1/2 hours from cleveland so i could have engine picked up.

please call or e-mail if interested in selling

Rod 678-773-5600
hvizdak@bellsouth.net