PDA

View Full Version : about to get my cobra!!!

cobrawannabe
05-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey guys, I am about to not be a Cobrawannabe anymore. Just put a deposit on a cobra in Orlando, Fl. He sold it to me for $23,000 and I don't know if that is a good deal or not. Can you guys tell me about it, is it a good deal or not? Tell me what ya'll think.

check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-FORD-SVT-MUSTANG-COBRA-ORLANDO-FL_W0QQitemZ320115276428QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mkkrs1
05-24-2007, 08:21 PM
looks OK , mileage is kinda high. I would put it on a dyno and have the AFR's checked with the mods that have already been done. just in case

blk04cobra1
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
The description on that car looks like BS to me...I would have them do compression check on the motor before you buy it...it says to have never been pullied, but the pulley cover is not on and I dont know why someone would need 3 gauges to moniter on stock boost levels...just my opinion, but I would have them do that before you buy, preferably in front of you so you see the actual readout...otherwise, good luck and congrats on the purchase if you do end up getting it

03slidewayzSVT
05-24-2007, 09:26 PM
I believe thats a lightning pulley on there...Its looks to small for stock...Also there is a bolt in the end of the snout....When My stock pulley was on it had a plactic push pin in the end where they have that bolt.....

cobrawannabe
05-24-2007, 10:05 PM
what kind of ecu/computer do i need to get to support a pulley?

mojosvt
05-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Like everybody else, a few things seem odd. But there are odd people out there that do things for odd reasons., so don't fret too much. I did have my pulley cover off before my pulley swap, as it broke, so that is a possibility. As for the clip vs. the bolt, that is simply an 03 vs an 04 thing, so that is normal.

SuperG
05-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Yes, have them perform a compression check...that can answer a lot (something I wish I had done and am now rebuilding).

66k miles in 4+ years...that's nothing. These engines are good for more than triple that with good maintenance.

Have the compression verified by a third party that you call (auction said they welcome that) then go and drive the thing home and have fun!!!!

blueblazes
05-25-2007, 06:45 AM
i gotta agree with torrey on this one i call bs.

Theres no way longtubes and cold air are gonna get that car over 430hp even on a high reading dynojet thats a stretch. Most people dont gain more than 10-15hp on longtubes if that and the steeda cai is nothing more than a filter in a super hot engine bay.

Like others have said get a compression check and see if you can find a local dyno that could strap it down and check afr with wideband before committing to buying it

edit: for what its worth you can find better prices on svt performance or modularfords. I think 23k for a 66k mile car is bit high.

cobrabitn
05-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I think the hp level is right on with a catback and CAI. My 04 has 440 rwhp and 418 rwtq with just a CAI, Magnaflow catback, and a tune from Pro-Dyno.

As for the gauges, probably just a first owner thing. I've seen lots of add ons from other Cobra owners that were there just for looks moreso than functionality. I would ask the seller for a 12 month warranty or 12,000 miles. If they say it is perfect as far as condition, then they would be willing to warrant the car. (They appear to be a car dealer of sorts by the photos.) If not, then I'd be suspicious about what they were trying to hide.

COBRA_ESQ
05-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Gotta disagree with the crowd. I think you can do better on the price and the car as advertised is too suspect. You may have to wait or travel but you can do better. Check all the regular car listing sites and cobra forums. svtperformance is a national site and there are many others.