PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 7.4.7

Levi
05-24-2007, 10:55 PM
This is going to ROCK!

Transformers trailer 2 (http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=900692032)

97CasperCobra
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Been watching this film develop for about a year. While I have my own issues about the movie not being true enough to the cartoon/comics, it'll be a sweet flick to go see. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
05-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Im in..... :thumbsup:

Levi
09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Transformers rolling onto DVD October 16th :bounce:

Bartman01
09-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Comes out on HD-DVD the same day.
Suddenly this emoticon seems appropriately named - :edmond:

97CasperCobra
09-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Transformers rolling onto DVD October 16th :bounce:

Wow...that was quick. I figured they'd at LEAST wait till Dec to get the holiday sales. I'll be watching it on my step-dad's widescreen with the surround sound cranked(unless someone ELSE has their home theater system kickin)!!!!!:thumbsup:

Bartman01
09-06-2007, 12:15 AM
(unless someone ELSE has their home theater system kickin)!!!!!:thumbsup:

Well, I've got a 65" widescreen -surround sound (w/ sub) and can play it back in HD format :D. You are always welcome to watch it here.

Sometime in the next month or so I've got an ISF tech coming by to fully re-calibrate the TV set.

Firme
09-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Comes out on HD-DVD the same day.
Suddenly this emoticon seems appropriately named - :edmond:

:rolleyes: Guess I will have to settle for the SD-DVD upscaled with the PS3 on the plasma. (Its funny how the BD fanboys are bashing the HD-DVD version for not having HD sound)

Bartman01
09-06-2007, 10:00 AM
:rolleyes: Guess I will have to settle for the SD-DVD upscaled with the PS3 on the plasma. (Its funny how the BD fanboys are bashing the HD-DVD version for not having HD sound)

Yeah, like no BR discs use high bitrate Dolby Digital for audio. It does have some interesting interactivity features:

TRANSFORMERS H.U.D. (Heads Up Display)—In this mode, viewers can access running text-based behind-the-scenes background information on the production during the feature. Users can also watch relevant picture-in-picture b-roll and video with Bay, Spielberg and other filmmakers during select sequences.

Carl G
09-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Edmond and Bart --- The two of you must be talking in a foreign language. I have know idea what you two are talking about. :D All I know that my 60" HD Sony with surround makes a sweeeeeet picture ;) You high tech guys :cool:

Bartman01
09-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I have know idea what you two are talking about.

Trust me, you are better off not knowing.

If you want, I could point out macro blocking and other compression artifacts to you. Then you could never watch cable or satellite again and be happy with the image quality.

Firme
09-06-2007, 11:10 PM

If you want, I could point out macro blocking and other compression artifacts to you. Then you could never watch cable or satellite again and be happy with the image quality.

Ain't that the truth. :(

SuperG
09-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Yeah...I go to store, buy TV, put on stand, watch.

However, now that you two are here...what's going on with my LCD that while I am watching a movie or show (be it cable or DVD), the color will be bright for a few minutes, then darken a tad, then return to bright again?

Firme
09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Yeah...I go to store, buy TV, put on stand, watch.

However, now that you two are here...what's going on with my LCD that while I am watching a movie or show (be it cable or DVD), the color will be bright for a few minutes, then darken a tad, then return to bright again?

I would say that unless that is the signal you are watching, you got a third bad TV from Wal-Mart. :D

Levi
09-07-2007, 04:30 PM

You Tees, you got my attention, keep talking big boy.

I would like to get a big, big screen TV, but the plasma’s cost too much for my income.
Was look at the DLP systems and would like to hook up my laptop up for an imitation media center. I see some TV’s come with a PC port (monitor support) is this the only way? What do I need as in auxiliary port on the TV to support PC?

Levi
09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
SWEET!

Turn Your Windows PC into a Media Center Powerhouse On the Cheap.
Link (http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack/turn-your-windows-pc-into-a-media-center-powerhouse-on-the-cheap-298408.php)

Bartman01
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
SWEET!

Turn Your Windows PC into a Media Center Powerhouse On the Cheap.
Link (http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack/turn-your-windows-pc-into-a-media-center-powerhouse-on-the-cheap-298408.php)

Problems with that setup:
Assuming you have cable/satellite - you can only record what you are watching since that setup does not have a cable/satellite tuner. Difficult to timeshift.
It has no HD support.
Transcoding video (especially if it is from a crappy over compressed satellite or cable feed) to a low bitrate introduces even more video artifacts. If you couldn't see them before - you will after that.

You are better off just getting a DVR from your service provider or a TIVO with cable card support.

Levi
09-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Problems with that setup:
Assuming you have cable/satellite - you can only record what you are watching since that setup does not have a cable/satellite tuner. Difficult to timeshift.
It has no HD support.
Transcoding video (especially if it is from a crappy over compressed satellite or cable feed) to a low bitrate introduces even more video artifacts. If you couldn't see them before - you will after that.

You are better off just getting a DVR from your service provider or a TIVO with cable card support.

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainmnet Laptop PC with Windows Media Center and ExpressCard Analog TV Tuner. I would like to hook it up to basic cable and/or cable box and pump it throw the Laptop to my (in the future) big screen TV. I do not have a DVR or TIVO so, What will it take to get this to work?
I also hope to use the laptop with a wireless keyboard and view it on the TV.

Bartman01
11-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Well, I've got a 65" widescreen -surround sound (w/ sub) and can play it back in HD format :D. You are always welcome to watch it here.

Sometime in the next month or so I've got an ISF tech coming by to fully re-calibrate the TV set.

Netflix finally sent this to me right before I left town. Will watch it next week sometime - Invitation is still open. TV gets the full ISF treatment on the 5th - and it is an all-day job for the tech so that day is probably out (since I don't know what time he will wrap up).