PDA

View Full Version : need help!!!!

AirForce1
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
The cobra has an electrical problem. It is steady at 13-14 volts at idle but when you put a load on the motor on the dyno at WOT it drops to 11-10 volts. The volts at the battery are a steady 13-14. I don't know what is wrong. The car is at triangle Speed Shop in Orange Texas and they have tried every thing that they can think of. We put a bigger alternator (200 amp) with a smaller pulley, we have changed the computer and the chip. We looked at the Boost-A-pump and checked the gauge pod (to see if it was wired incorrectly). (I have a boost with vac, egt, fule pres, a/f, and a oil temp). We looked at all the grounds and then double checked them again. If anyone can help it will be appreciated.

:(

redlinedesire
05-25-2007, 06:55 PM
i wonder if your starter could be causing the problem. it may have developed a short. but i am not a electrical guy.

jimmysidecarr
05-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Has the wiring to the BAP, pumps, and FPDM been upgraded???

Battery in stock location???

Is that the voltage the PCM is seeing???

Where is that voltage reading being taken?

Battery load tests ok??

2nd alternator bad???

Very informative link here-> http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/very-important-info-on-why-cars-even-tuned-correctly-can-blow-up-34527.html?highlight=voltage+drop

AirForce1
05-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Has the wiring to the BAP, pumps, and FPDM been upgraded???

Battery in stock location???

Is that the voltage the PCM is seeing???

Where is that voltage reading being taken?

Battery load tests ok??

2nd alternator bad???

Very informative link here-> http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/very-important-info-on-why-cars-even-tuned-correctly-can-blow-up-34527.html?highlight=voltage+dropThanks Jimmy. That form is great! The battery is still in the stock location and the voltage is a stedy 13-14 at the battery. The alternator is getting power to the battery just fine. On there laptop is where they see the voltage drop.