PDA

View Full Version : SCMC/Les Stanford Mustang and Ford Show -- June 23, 2007

cobrabitn
05-27-2007, 01:50 PM
June 23, 2007
SCMC/Les Stanford Ford Mustang and Ford Show
Battle Creek, Michigan

Hosted by SVT Cobra Mustang Club at Les Stanford Ford. Event hours are 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with check-in running 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.. Registration fee is $10.00. The SCMC is proud to announce its first Mustang and Ford Show at Les Stanford Ford. Come and join us for our first "Top 25" event. Trophies, food, and more... For more information, call Larry Meyer at tazzracing1@verizon.net or email 269-657-5024 or visit the website at http://www.svtcobraclub.com.

bolt-on
06-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I just stopped by Les Stanford Ford to pick up some brake fluid to get the Cobra ready for VIR. The dealership is getting into the spirit of the show. In the showroom was a Vista Blue Roush 427R, a black Shelby GT and a black GT500 with Red Stripe Appearance Package :cool: .

XCOBRAX
06-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Is anyone from Ohio going to this? Maybe we could hook up and cruise in together.

bolt-on
06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
In case you do not get your fill of car show during the Les Stanford show, there is a cruise-in every Saturday evening at the Taco Bell on Beckley Road across from Lakeview Square Mall (I-94 and M-66).

tazzracing1
06-23-2007, 10:08 PM
We had a good turn out for a show that started out very disorganized. I would like to Thank everyone who came out to the show. Special Thank You to Larry and Janice Bolton. We will have pics. later and the show results and the 50/50 winner. Thank you to Les Standford Ford and thier team for help make this happen.

Lumpydogs
06-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks to Larry Meyer and everyone else who help make the Les Stanford show a success. I understand that next years show is already approved and in the works :D

I had a great time, the weather was perfect and the people friendly as usual.

Thanks again SCMC it was well worth the drive from the East Side.

cobrabitn
06-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Just about every first show starts out disorganized. The important thing is that you learn what to do and what not to do and get the experience under your belt. You took a brave first step. Many club members would not even try to do what you, Larry, and Janice did. You have started something that will last as long as you want it to last. Take notes and save them for next year, then you'll know what to fix and what went right! Way to go to all of you! :thumbsup:

How many cars showed up and

:ttiwwop:

tazzracing1
06-24-2007, 11:56 PM
The funny thing is I put:ttiwwop:

But it did not show up last time?? I will have the ones I took up soon.
Thank You Tony and we will keep tring. A Big Thank You to Janice and Larry would have not happened as well as it did without your help. Jeff Thank You for making the long trip and Thank You to all the members that did show. Yes, Next year is in the works. The owner Les was really happy with the turn out for first show and they went through several changes at the dealership during this time. I know it took everyone involved to make it happen.

bolt-on
06-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Tony....will bring pics to VIR and maybe you know how to post them, we can not get them small enough to upload.

Thank you to all the club members that showed up to enter their cars: Steve Summers, John Sorensen, Jeff White, Rick and Debbie Yarling, Larry Meyer, Larry Bolton, Janice Bolton. We had 14 paid entries and Larry Meyer won $70 for the 50/50 drawing. The dealership had 14 of their Mustangs on display as well (including the cool ones Larry mentioned earlier). Several other Mustangs/Fords joined the show to walk around to look.

We need to thank the dealership. Les Stanford was there to support us and talk about plans for next year, Jim Osborn, manager and the contact person, helped to keep things going, and Mike Fuentes (dealership sales consultant) was the DJ for the day playing great music and helping us out with announcements. They all did a great job for us. Also have to thank the Battle Creek Bearcat football team, they cooked hot dogs for us.

Looking forward to a bigger and better show next year.

JB

beezer
06-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Tony....will bring pics to VIR and maybe you know how to post them, we can not get them small enough to upload.

JB
I uploaded mine onto my photobucket account.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x311/beezer97/

You can go to www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) to create an account and upload photos. It's pretty painless to do. You can PM me if you have any questions.