PDA

View Full Version : Question

spincobra03
05-29-2007, 07:12 PM
I've keep hearing alot about these air bags that are installed to absolutely eliminate wheel hop. Now I need to read up more on how they are installed but on SVTP some people that have installed them say its the only suspenion mod that eliminates it completly other than going to a solid axel. Anyone hearing the same?

blk04cobra1
05-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I've keep hearing alot about these air bags that are installed to absolutely eliminate wheel hop. Now I need to read up more on how they are installed but on SVTP some people that have installed them say its the only suspenion mod that eliminates it completly other than going to a solid axel. Anyone hearing the same?
I havent personally seen this done on the IRS, only read about on the net. It's definitely and alternative, but I didnt seem to have any wheel hop after I added the springs, bushings, and KB matrix system...now with the 8pt, I hope to not have any at all :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
05-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Never heard of anyone using airbags in a IRS? Go Solid :D , no wheel hop and great traction :thumbsup:

puzzle13
05-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I installed the air bags in my rear springs with the irs. Prior to that I installed steeda springs, replaced all bushings, full length subframe connectors, rear diff brace, rear diff bushings, etc. and I still had wheel hop, but not as bad. I talked with the techs at Maximum Motorsports and they said the delvin (sp) bushings do the best, but I had the poly ones. After installation of the bags from Laurel Mountain Mustang ($30.00 each) and about 8psi in them I no longer have wheel hop. It worked on my car.

spincobra03
05-30-2007, 04:31 PM
ya thats what I keep hearing and I figure if your gonna do the bushings, FLSFC's, etc for 60 bucks it might be worth it? And jason what would you say the only drawbacks or negatives from going solid you've found?

cobrabitn
05-30-2007, 08:49 PM
The change to solid axle will affect your brake components. :doubt: