PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Event Planning meetings for the 2007 Cobra and Shelby GT500 Nationals.


Firme
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
As many of you know, we are having the SCMC Cobra and GT500 Nationals right here at our MSR Houston event this year. As the National, it will be a bigger event than we have had in the past, hosting a car show at the track event as well.

We will definitely need the South Central Region members to step it up and show the rest of the club how we do it here! :bounce: :thumbsup: If you can volunteer to help at the event, please shoot me a PM. We will need people helping with the track event, and a good bit of help with the car show.

I can't wait............. :woot:


For the event sign-up thread Click here (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14628)

97CasperCobra
05-30-2007, 09:33 AM
You know I'm gonna do everything I can to help out man...:thumbsup:

93KingCobra
05-30-2007, 06:38 PM
You know you can count on me.... :thumbsup:

Carl G
05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Definitely in :thumbsup:

Levi
05-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Me Too, I'm in! :thumbsup:

JoeJ
05-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Count me in :thumbsup:

Angel
05-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Count me in :thumbsup:
+1 As the plans get underway and a schedule of events and tasks develop, please keep us posted so we help. :thumbsup:

Dellcobra
05-31-2007, 09:58 AM
I will be there. :bounce:


Dell

SuperG
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Edmond, I have no idea what I can do to help, but I will do whatever I can.

Do we have any other information such as dates, times for the various events, sponsors, prizes, etc?

Firme
07-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Edmond, I have no idea what I can do to help, but I will do whatever I can.

Do we have any other information such as dates, times for the various events, sponsors, prizes, etc?

Yes :D

We will have series of meeting going over all the details of the event. Those helping are encouraged to come and we can discuss the details of the event as a group.

:thumbsup:

93KingCobra
07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Just let us know when and where to meet... :thumbsup:

JBoden
07-21-2007, 12:22 PM
NOVEMBER 10 & 11 - make sure it's on your calendar!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Planning and logistics are going well - we met with the MSRH folks last weekend and they are just as pumped about the event as we are. Al and Leslie showed us all the new buildings and track improvements that they will have completed in time for the Nationals. We have a beautiful new hotel opening just up the road (thanks to Tony's negotiating skills) - details to follow.

The event will fill fast as we launch the registration soon - so watch the boards and keep your cc's handy. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ScreaminMystic
07-23-2007, 04:20 PM
:burnout: :woot: I would love to help in anyway i can, car show or track, just let me know where to be and what time to be there. I would like to show my car if possible, i know its nothing special, but i still miss those days when i was younger, so it would be nice to shine up the cobra for a show. Thanks guys!:bounce: :fordflag:

texaswrx
07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Nice. Right in my backyard, almost.

Firme
08-01-2007, 08:33 AM
We were thinking of doing a meeting on this Saturday, the 4th. Would those of you wanting the help out be able to make it this on 8/4? If so, would lunch time or dinner time be better?

Larry95
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Either one is good for us.

xtc4u
08-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Hello Snake and Horse Riders!

My Name is Troy Dixon and so of you may remember a little black M3 always having fun at the TWS, and MSR-Houston events you boys put on every year. Thanks for sending me this link Jimmy! If like to offer my car show coordinating skills if they are needed. Yes, I don't drive a Cobra or Mustang....(Just a M3 and a C5 Z06 hitting 700RWHP!....my Cobra killer!;) )......but you guys have always welcomed me to the last 4 tracks DEs and would like to help any possible. I coordinate massive car show events and meets for HPD - Houston Performance Driving....many of you may post on the HPD forum.:thumbsup: LMK if I can be of service and the idea of having a car show at the DE is a wonderful idea.

Can't wait!

Troy - HPD Staff.

Mephisto
08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I would vote for lunch, but I should be able to make lunch or dinner.

Levi
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I would vote for lunch, but I should be able to make lunch or dinner.

Same here! :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
08-01-2007, 04:09 PM
We were thinking of doing a meeting on this Saturday, the 4th. Would those of you wanting the help out be able to make it this on 8/4? If so, would lunch time or dinner time be better?

No can do, would work better for Sunday. I've got kinda a big thing happening on Saturday and would love to step back up to the plate in the SCC. :thumbsup:

Firme
08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
No can do, would work better for Sunday. I've got kinda a big thing happening on Saturday and would love to step back up to the plate in the SCC. :thumbsup:


Ahh Cmon Mikey, you can do lunch on Saturday can't you?? I know people do church and family time on Sundays, so Saturday would be easier for the majority I think.

JBoden
08-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Lunch would be better for us - but count us IN :bounce: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
08-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Ahh Cmon Mikey, you can do lunch on Saturday can't you?? I know people do church and family time on Sundays, so Saturday would be easier for the majority I think.

Ummmmm....... G-R-A-D-U-A-T-I-O-N

I also think the pre-track meetings should be in a seperate thread. :dunno:

gtdrivr
08-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I no longer have a car (or bike), but I'm all for helping out. I will be in NY the 4th and 5th to pick up my sons. They are staying for 3 weeks, so I am occupied for that time. Just let me know what you need help with. You have my #, Edmond, give me a call if I can lend any assistance.

HAL9000
08-02-2007, 11:01 AM
When and where can we sign up?

Firme
08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
How about Cheddars on Beltway 8 as the meeting place for Lunch Saturday?



I also think the pre-track meetings should be in a seperate thread. :dunno:

As indicated by the first, this was actually intended to be the volunteer thread. The title will be made more specific and the official event thread with details will be made after the meeting.

When and where can we sign up?

We will get some details ironed out this weekend. Look for the registration to be up within a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
How about Cheddars on Beltway 8 as the meeting place for Lunch Saturday?

:(....I expect graduation gifts from everyone who attends....:p

Keep Jennifer and I in mind to help out with whatever is needed. :thumbsup:

JBoden
08-03-2007, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Firme]How about Cheddars on Beltway 8 as the meeting place for Lunch Saturday?


CHEDDERS is good :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - noonish???

Firme
08-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Will do Mike.


Cheddars at 12:30. Here is the Map (http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=20431699&ck=839838117&tab=B2C&tcat=8903827&city=Missouri+City&state=TX&zip=77459&uzip=77459&country=us&msa=3360&cs=5&ed=dCCtCK1o2Ty_jT25lw2FIxqcR2lKbhjfsfegKc3FjNfF&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:2:fbT:0)

97CasperCobra
08-06-2007, 01:48 PM
So.....what was discussed/decided???

Admiral
08-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Darn, I better start paying attention. I completely missed this meeting and even let my SCMC membership expire (thanks Jim for the reminder!). I'm all paid back up but need to catch up on how to help for this event. Someone going to send out meeting minutes? :D

97CasperCobra
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Someone going to send out meeting minutes? :D

that's what I'm talking about??? And man, it's crazy to believe that you bought that Cobra a year ago!!!! :eek:

spitfire
08-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Did someone say Car Show? If I am in town I'll go, currently in ALaska, but due to go to Brazil, so don't know yet how long that job will go! :thumbsup:

Firme
08-23-2007, 04:17 PM
::::UPDATE::::

We will be having another meeting this Saturday at Lunch for event planning.

Those of you planning to help with the running the event are welcome to join us.

Location to be determined, but it will be somewhere central.... :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
::::UPDATE::::

We will be having another meeting this Saturday at Lunch for event planning.

Location to be determined, but it will be somewhere central.... :thumbsup:

I will TRY to make it, but for now on a LITTLE more notice would be ideal. How bout TGI Fridays across from Willowbrook???

Levi
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Cheddars is the best all around location/place and it worked really good for the last meeting.

Twice Bitten
08-24-2007, 12:17 AM
How about Sodolaks Original County Inn, in Snook! :drool: :D :rotf:

You know, Snook is centrally located in the state :p



http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbTO0GlONU

Firme
08-24-2007, 12:23 AM
How about Sodolaks Original County Inn, in Snook! :drool: :D :rotf:

You know, Snook is centrally located in the state :p



http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbTO0GlONU


Save me a spot in the Excursion :thumbsup:

SuperG
08-24-2007, 08:38 AM
How about Sodolaks Original County Inn, in Snook! :drool: :D :rotf:

You know, Snook is centrally located in the state :p



http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbTO0GlONU

Roadtrip!!!

Edmond, I'll check my schedule, as I am a busy man (busy laying on the couch and watching TV)...

Firme
08-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Cheddars is the best all around location/place and it worked really good for the last meeting.

Cheddars it is. It is pretty Central!

12:30 at Cheddars!! See ya'll there. Map (http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=20431699&ck=839838117&tab=B2C&tcat=8903827&city=Missouri+City&state=TX&zip=77459&uzip=77459&country=us&msa=3360&cs=5&ed=dCCtCK1o2Ty_jT25lw2FIxqcR2lKbhjfsfegKc3FjNfF&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:2:fbT:0)

gtdrivr
08-24-2007, 06:26 PM
The last meeting was when I was going to NY to pick my kids up, this one is when I am going to NY to drop them back off. Great timing, Edmund!:spanked:

Carl G
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
See Ya'll tomorrow at Cheddars :thumbsup:

backnblack
08-24-2007, 11:20 PM
See you guys there.

97CasperCobra
08-25-2007, 03:44 AM
I may be in IF I can convince a guy with his 2 boys to join me. :thumbsup:

JBoden
08-25-2007, 09:32 AM
:d In

Levi
08-25-2007, 12:20 PM
AC at the house is broken and I am trying to get it fixed.

I will try to make it, but it does not look good at this time.

Firme
08-25-2007, 01:18 PM
AC at the house is broken and I am trying to get it fixed.

I will try to make it, but it does not look good at this time.


Sorry to hear Stan :( hope you get it knocked out.

97CasperCobra
08-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Sorry guys, I had every intention of going. I opened the garage door, took the car cover off the Cobra got, got inside and WHAM!!!!! welcome to a world of mold!!!! :eek:

93KingCobra
08-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Sorry guys, I had every intention of going. I opened the garage door, took the car cover off the Cobra got, got inside and WHAM!!!!! welcome to a world of mold!!!! :eek:

MOLD!!!! :eek: :eek: That sucks...

SuperG
08-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Yuck...I inadvertently left a leather jacket in my trunk for several months...it was covered in that nasty plant!!

xtc4u
09-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Any word on when registration will be open for the SVT Track day on the 10th and 11th of Nov? I have about 10-12 drivers wanting to sign up from Houston Performance Driving.

Thanks!

Troy.

Firme
09-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Any word on when registration will be open for the SVT Track day on the 10th and 11th of Nov? I have about 10-12 drivers wanting to sign up from Houston Performance Driving.

Thanks!

Troy.



For the event sign-up thread Click here (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14628)