PDA

View Full Version : new tune on my 03

davelegguy
06-03-2007, 01:13 PM
just put new mass air and 17 lb pulley along with a few other tweeks but found out my circulating pump on the intercooler isn't working so the charged air temp is 185 after a couple of pulls gonna find out what a cold pull looks like today. anybody else have intercooler problems? I've got 45k miles on the beast time for some mid-life refurbisment I guess. It's been a while since I've posted thought I was going to have to sell it for the divorce and all but did not have to. What are the best numbers anyones seen on pump gas???

davelegguy
06-03-2007, 04:31 PM
my best and last stone cold pull ended up at 549.1 hp and 517.5 torque... Not bad for a daily driver on pump gas :bounce:

mrpork
06-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I PULLED 530/560 ON A PORTED EATONmy best and last stone cold pull ended up at 549.1 hp and 517.5 torque... Not bad for a daily driver on pump gas :bounce:

davelegguy
06-03-2007, 09:06 PM
those numbers seem unreal for a ported eaton there were a number of them in madison this weekend and they didn't come close. I can't wait to see what I pull with a functioning intercooler

blk04cobra1
06-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Ive seen a few issues with the intercooler pump failing, but not many...it's a pretty easy fix and hope they cover it under warranty for you. As for your numbers on 17lbs...they seem a little lower than average, but still good nonetheless. Was the pull done on a MustangDyno by chance? Good luck with your new mods, seems like you have a good starting point to make some great power.

blueblazes
06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
those numbers could be fairly low considering his intercooler pump isnt working his iat2's were prolly through the roof which cut power and pulled timing most likely. Heat is bad

I definately wouldnt recommend pulling the car without the intercooler pump not working thats a recipe for disaster. If hes hitting 185* air temps thats super high for a twin screw even heaton's dont get that hot unless way way way overspun

davelegguy
06-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I would expect to see much better numbers with a denser air mass going to the dealer today to get it fixed

XCOBRAX
06-04-2007, 10:20 AM
My numbers below.. with ported Eaton and stock MAF, 15.5 lbs boost, no headers and hi flow cats.

mrpork
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
:thumbsup: i guess the boys at pro dyno know what they are doingMy numbers below.. with ported Eaton and stock MAF, 15.5 lbs boost, no headers and hi flow cats.

XCOBRAX
06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
:thumbsup: i guess the boys at pro dyno know what they are doing
I'm sure they do.. I've read nothing but good things about them. But, I had mine done locally at a shop here in Akron.:)

gsxrbb
06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
What's the easiest way to check and make sure the intercooler pump is running?

davelegguy
06-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I would guess that with the stock chip you would get a check engine light. we were able to tell by the charged air temp on the dyno computer. it just ran sorta shitty when it was warm and you hit it. I think I may have fried the pump when I had to go thru a doorsill high puddle in a deluge, But I really don't know. I can tell you the 550 + hp sure does put a grin on my face when I'm into it all the way. I reall can't keep the gsd3's hooked up I think I'll try a set of drag radials just for grins on the weekends if I know it's gonna be dry.

blueblazes
06-14-2007, 01:32 PM
you can test teh intercooler pump to see if its good by running a wire from the hotside of the relay if the pump comes on its fine if it doesnt its toast.

if you goto passenger side fender and face the motor look down on fenderwall and you will see black rectangular box, pull top off of the box. You will see a silver fuse looking thing <dont mess with it> and a black square <relay> pull the relay out.

Once you pull it out take a 12ga wire and strip it on both ends and put 1 end into the terminal closest to you and place the other end of hte wire into the terminal directly across from it towards the motor.

This should "hotwire" the pump to run automatically

spincobra03
06-14-2007, 05:04 PM
torry I would think it had to be a mustang dyno 550rwhp on a kenne bell at 17 psi should be close to 600 on a dyno jet depending on supporting mods no??

blueblazes
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM
seems right had local guy with kb at 17psi put down 525 on 17* of timing on mustang dyno so those numbers would be about right

Pro-Dyno
06-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Yes thats about it !
Nice numbers fix the pump and im sure it will come up
torry I would think it had to be a mustang dyno 550rwhp on a kenne bell at 17 psi should be close to 600 on a dyno jet depending on supporting mods no??

gsxrbb
06-15-2007, 09:16 AM
you can test teh intercooler pump to see if its good by running a wire from the hotside of the relay if the pump comes on its fine if it doesnt its toast.

if you goto passenger side fender and face the motor look down on fenderwall and you will see black rectangular box, pull top off of the box. You will see a silver fuse looking thing <dont mess with it> and a black square <relay> pull the relay out.

Once you pull it out take a 12ga wire and strip it on both ends and put 1 end into the terminal closest to you and place the other end of hte wire into the terminal directly across from it towards the motor.

This should "hotwire" the pump to run automatically
:hello: thanks