PDA

View Full Version : One question

cobrawannabe
06-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Where are the spark plugs and are they worth changing myself or should I let a shop do them? After changing plugs I am getting a tune with Dan at Pro tune. Sorry so stupid of a question but had to ask. Thank you fellows in advance.

red04svtcobra
06-04-2007, 12:28 PM
There is no stupid question. The plugs are under the plate on top of the heads. As far as them being easy and all, I don't know because I have yet to do mine. They look fairly easy compared to my Lightning. Good luck and Dan with Pro-Dyno is awesome, you will love his tune, trust me!!

cobrawannabe
06-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Thank you very much!!

mrpork
06-04-2007, 01:04 PM
have rob or dan change them for you so you know they are done right. they are the best around. thats where i go Where are the spark plugs and are they worth changing myself or should I let a shop do them? After changing plugs I am getting a tune with Dan at Pro tune. Sorry so stupid of a question but had to ask. Thank you fellows in advance.

cobrawannabe
06-04-2007, 01:10 PM
I live in South Louisiana.

mrpork
06-04-2007, 04:02 PM
so i live in rhode island and i went down to see them. im telling you it will be worth the trip.:thumbsup: I live in South Louisiana.

spincobra03
06-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Yes they are very easy to change. All you need is a deep socket with a long extention, although if you go to change anything on your car, such as exhaust just have the guys at the shop take care of it. Also im sure dan will recommend the NGK's if I remember there tr-6's?? I forget gapped at .032? Either way ask dan he and or rob will steer you in the right direction. You wont be disappointed, good luck with the mods.

mkkrs1
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
just be carefull when pulling the boots off. Also the rear plug around the elbow can be tricky.

Big T
06-05-2007, 10:51 PM
They are easy to do. I've done mine 2x's. You will have to remove the cold air kit and throttle body to give you some room to work. Use a little anti seize on the threads when you put them back in. Also, some silicone conductive grease on the coil helps. Make sure you use a torque wrench and use the proper torque specs when putting the plugs back in ( I forgot the specs). Always hand tighten them first then use the torque wrench. It is a reasonably easy process and will save you some money. Some shops will charge a few hundred dollars to do it.