PDA

View Full Version : FS: 03 Used Brake Calipers (Front and Back)

03blownsvt
06-05-2007, 10:16 AM
All,
I am going to switch over to the anniversary calipers becuase I want the look of the red. The calipers I have are currently on my Cobra and are in good shape. They will need new pads. I wanted to see if there was anyone interested in upgrading to the 03-04 calipers. They sell new for around $400 so I be willing to sell them for $200. If interested reply back or email me at allensteven@johndeere.com. Thanks.

flynfink
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
All,
I am going to switch over to the anniversary calipers becuase I want the look of the red. The calipers I have are currently on my Cobra and are in good shape. They will need new pads. I wanted to see if there was anyone interested in upgrading to the 03-04 calipers. They sell new for around $400 so I be willing to sell them for $200. If interested reply back or email me at allensteven@johndeere.com. Thanks.

Wouldn't a can of red calper paint be cheaper??

That's what many of us do. :thumbsup:

mojosvt
06-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I also would reccomend some dupli-color kit. you can pick it up at autozone, pepboys, etc... But if you do decide to get rid of them, I could use a new driver side rear caliper as the parking brake spring has broke off mine.

03blownsvt
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I thought about just painting them. However, I haven't seen many that were painted that looked as good as the originals. To me there is a big difference between the look of wet spray and powder coat. So, I decided to just trade them out. Might end up being a little more in the long run, but I want it to look right. I might still consider painting them.....so thanks for the paint information.

03blownsvt
06-14-2007, 01:25 PM
I thought there might be someone looking for a cheaper upgrade solution. I will be switching the calipers out next week and they will be availible next weekend if anyone is interested.

flynfink
06-14-2007, 02:16 PM
not an upgrade to a cobra owner.. We all have the same front calipers and 99-04 have the same rears (except the 2000R's)

FST ORNG
06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
I thought about just painting them. However, I haven't seen many that were painted that looked as good as the originals. To me there is a big difference between the look of wet spray and powder coat. So, I decided to just trade them out. Might end up being a little more in the long run, but I want it to look right. I might still consider painting them.....so thanks for the paint information.

The powder coated ones do look better than the painted ones, I don't care who paints them!:thumbsup:

mojosvt
06-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, if you end up pulling them off, I will take your driver's side rear caliper. As they tend to be hard to unload, as they are the same caliper on every mustang V-6 through cobra's.