PDA

View Full Version : Question about tint?

red04svtcobra
06-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I got all my registration and tag stuff done, now I need to decide if I want to keep my 5% tint on or remove it and have them put on either 27-35% tint. I know someone who can get me past inspection for the tint, but was thinking I really don't need a ticket but it looks so good with the tint the way it is. If I get it removed and get some tint somewhere in the area of 27-35% tint I can get it passed at a shop I stopped by the other day. The good things about me changing the tint is: It will make the G/F happy (no tickets for tint), can change to a film that doesn't interfere with GPS or any other electronic devices for cars now days. The only down fall is I don't know what it will look like with lighter tint on, and may make my car more prone to brakins once I get a GPS unit installedn because thiefs can see it then. What does everyone else have here in the Carolinas? Any ways I have an appointment for the tint and inspection to be done this coming Wed and am trying to decide what I should do before then. Thanks

blk04cobra1
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
IMO, if you can get it passed now, just leave til you get harrassed by the cops...Ive got 20% all the way around on all my cars and have never been pulled due to the tint being dark. At night it's very difficult to see in at all and during the day you can see movement, so most times they just turn the other way...only downside is you probably have an audible cobra, therefore they may look a little harder

BadMoFo
06-06-2007, 10:39 PM
always ran 20% and never got harrased for it. but did run into the rare occasion of passing inspection, just gotta know who to talk to.

nckissfan
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
you may never get pulled over for tint, but if you get pulled over for speeding, or whatever, they can always check the tint, and then give you a ticket for that. Just food for thought:thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone I am just going to get a tint around the area of 30%. I may go darker later once I will see how this looks and stuff.

blk04cobra1
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone I am just going to get a tint around the area of 30%. I may go darker later once I will see how this looks and stuff.
yup, better safe than sorry :thumbsup:

blueblazes
06-09-2007, 02:39 AM
when you goto get your car inspected just leave your windows rolled down haha.

Can always pull the fuse that controls the window motor to:thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
06-09-2007, 09:41 AM
when you goto get your car inspected just leave your windows rolled down haha.

Can always pull the fuse that controls the window motor to:thumbsup:
good one, I already have an appointment for a retint. thanks though.

red04svtcobra
06-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Well got my tint redone today and it killed me to see them tear that stuff off. I got it replaced with 35% film. Its alot lighter than what I had on there byt I still like it. I will post up some pics later.

gsxrbb
06-14-2007, 12:47 AM
I bet it looks just like.......this! :headbang:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/gsxrbb/cars018.jpg

red04svtcobra
06-15-2007, 02:58 AM
More like this :thumbsup: I will get some better pics of the tint later.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/lightning_015/DSC03254.jpg