PDA

View Full Version : Help...need Referal For Engine Work

520hemi
06-08-2007, 11:25 PM
JUST BOUGHT MY 03 COBRA CONVERTIBLE AND IT TOASTED THE # 7 CYLINDER. DOES ANY HAVE A GOOD REFERAL FOR COMPLETE ENGINE REBUILD AND TUNING. LIVE IN KENNESAW GA

ROD 678-773-5600
hvizdak@bellsouth.net

cobrabitn
06-08-2007, 11:37 PM
The only two shops I know of in your area are Tim Matherly at MV Performance and Tim at Modular Power house...... :doubt:

blueblazes
06-09-2007, 12:00 AM
wish i could refer someone in your area. There are some good engine builders out there if your looking for some aftermarket stuff. Like vt and such. Good luck hope it all works out for you.

Make sure whatever you go with to get head cooling mod might help prevent same problem from happening in future.

blk04cobra1
06-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Rod, if you would like to bring it up to us, just let me know. What kind of time frame are you looking at and what kind of budget are you working with? These are the two most important questions.

JROC
06-09-2007, 04:44 PM
JUST BOUGHT MY 03 COBRA CONVERTIBLE AND IT TOASTED THE # 7 CYLINDER. DOES ANY HAVE A GOOD REFERAL FOR COMPLETE ENGINE REBUILD AND TUNING. LIVE IN KENNESAW GA

ROD 678-773-5600
hvizdak@bellsouth.net
That sucks man. :(

Ford and their crappy piston clearance. :thumbdwn:

520hemi
06-09-2007, 05:07 PM
please call me to discuss 678-773-5600 Rod

Rod, if you would like to bring it up to us, just let me know. What kind of time frame are you looking at and what kind of budget are you working with? These are the two most important questions.

520hemi
06-09-2007, 05:11 PM
do you have a phone # for mv performance

thanks for your help

Twice Bitten
06-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Do not take it to JMS chip and Performance (aka Johnson Motorsports) :mad: . It is where Chris Johnson of SCT :thumbdwn: fame, started and still owns/runs. After 1 year I got back a car with an over priced invoice with a note stamped on it that reads "car is not tunable!" I switched from a twin screw to a Procharger, it was funny because everything was blamed on the Procharger kit. It was was funny that a fired SCT employee (Jerry Wroblewski) was able to come up with a solution in 5 minutes just by sending him a picture of the engine :thumbsup:

You have heard the saying that all good mechanics have a few parts left over when finished, still sorting out problems 6 months later after picking up the car from them and taking it to a shop closer to home. It is now tuned and running good thanks to Jerry Wroblewski and Daniel Pacher of Triangle Speed Shop :thumbsup: .

Now if we can find the missing suspension parts and put them back on it will be drivable again.

cobrabitn
06-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't have their number but I'm sure you can google it.

What I am pissed about is that your car is toast after 16K miles on it. Was it okay before you bought it or did you know it was having problems before you purchased it? It sounds like maybe someone modded it and didn't get it tuned for the new mods and it ran lean?

Either way, the whole idea of it sucks!

blk04cobra1
06-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't have their number but I'm sure you can google it.

What I am pissed about is that your car is toast after 16K miles on it. Was it okay before you bought it or did you know it was having problems before you purchased it? It sounds like maybe someone modded it and didn't get it tuned for the new mods and it ran lean?

Either way, the whole idea of it sucks!
I'd be a little more pissed b/c he only got 30 miles out of the car he just bought....Rod, will call you tomorrow :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
06-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Modular Performance can build you a sweet @ss motor and you won't have any issues with it.

http://www.modularperformance.com/

Great work and reasonable prices! :thumbsup:

520hemi
06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
thanks for all the info and replies

the car does have numerous mods including kenne bell 2.2
throttle body
cat backs etc....

520hemi
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
i had it rebuilt by MV performance in statham ga. total bottom end
and head resurface / valve job