PDA

View Full Version : F1 vs Marmot

Bartman01
06-12-2007, 12:26 AM
In case you missed Watch the lower left corner of the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQN0RthMWWo&NR=1

Another one ran out during the race, but I don't think it was caught on camera. Davidson's front wing cut it in half.

Levi
06-12-2007, 01:04 PM
That was a Sweet race with alot of action and alot of firsts.

Bartman01
06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure I like the new safety car rule. The teams run the re-fueling strategy so close that bad timing on a safety car can leave you with either:

a) being black flagged and out of the race
b) running out of fuel on track and out of the race

Given that this was the first race with safety cars since the rule change I think the black-flags were a little harsh. The 10 second stop/go penalty was more appropriate for a first infraction.

Levi
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure I like the new safety car rule. The teams run the re-fueling strategy so close that bad timing on a safety car can leave you with either:

a) being black flagged and out of the race
b) running out of fuel on track and out of the race

Given that this was the first race with safety cars since the rule change I think the black-flags were a little harsh. The 10 second stop/go penalty was more appropriate for a first infraction.

I too thought black-flag was to harsh.

SuperG
06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Whaa!! Video's gone!!

Bartman01
06-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Whaa!! Video's gone!!

F1 is big on pulling ANY footage off of public networks, even if it is just a 10 second clip showing a groundhog slamming on his brakes to avoid an F1 car. Just do a search in youtube on 'Marmot F1' and there are still a couple of vids out there.