PDA

View Full Version : SN95 Skid Plate/Cross Bar Thingy Question

SuperG
06-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Picked up my car from Triangle on Saturday. I had them install a Canton oil pan, which is larger than the stock pan...as a result, the Skid Plate/Cross Bar Thingy does not fit.

How important is it to have one of those? I hear all kinds of rattles underneath, as if the windage tray is bouncing around...Oh, and wow, that Canton oil pan is REALLY low...may have to raise the car!

Mephisto
06-18-2007, 09:48 AM
rattles are no good.

Immediately after I had the Canton pan installed, I took the stock cross bar thing, and a bunch of 1 inch square tube down to the local muffler shop, that was not busy during the week.
We cut the 4 ends off the thing and mounted them to the car (the 2 front ends had to be reversed to fit). Then we used the square bar to make a new skid plate that is just below the pan and runs down both sides and triangulates at the front and back. We pulled it off, welded it up, painted it in the parking lot. I think they charged me $50.
Without this brace, I would have punched a hole in that pan at least 50 times already, and I'm sure the car would not be stong enough on the bottom without it.

SuperG
06-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Ah...that sounds like a good idea. I am glad I kept the thing!