PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am a new member to the svt cobra mustang club.

venom3469
06-19-2007, 01:07 AM
I just wanted to say that I cant wait to get my cobra. I am looking for a 03 or 04 svt cobra preferably black or charcoal coup. I am currently driving a pontiac grand am gt an american car yes but, certainly not a american muscle lol. I wonít be able to get the cobra for at least another 2 to 4 months but, that does give me time to look for the one I really want.

I am new into the whole modding thing and I am really into it and wanting to make it fly. So yeah Iím a newbie and donít know much and I hope that you guys can help me out with any questions I have without to much embarrassment lol.

My goal with my svt is to get about 600 hp to the wheels and I was thinking about putting a kb twin screw on it. I donít know what else to do to make it run good and make it handle that power. What certain mods I need to put to make it handle it and good. So comments and suggestions would be nice to know.

Just wondering though how much can you get out of the stock supercharger with mods?

Mainly just wanting to say hey and glad to be joining some true american muscle.:thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Welcome and good luck with your search...it's not very hard to get these things in the 600+hp range :thumbsup:

Pro-Dyno
06-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Welcome !:thumbsup:

tazzracing1
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forum and I wish you luck in your search. Keep us informed. Our site is very friendly and helpful.

venom3469
06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah thanks a lot for the welcome. I really canít wait till I pay off my car so I can sell it and start to look into the cobra. I really want to run 10s that would be awesome :D . I am trying to figure out when I upgrade if I should get a turbo or better supercharger. I want to know what will give me the most hp. My goal is 600hp to the wheels but more would be great.

Big T
06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
600 rwhp would be pretty easy to get with a kenne bell/whipple or a ported eaton with some nitrous. There's other things you will need. Example: 60# fuel injectors, fuel pumps, mass air meter upgrade, heat exchanger. The list can get long. Look at people's sig's and you can get a pretty good idea of what is needed for different applications. It depends on what you want to spend. Most of the mods can be done yourself. I suggest doing gradual changes so you can enjoy each of them. Start with a pulley swap on the stock supercharger and go from there. Remember that a good tune is always needed with your mods :thumbsup: .

venom3469
06-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Ohh yeah I cant just slap all that $hit on there that fast. It will take me a little bit to do what I want but, I wanted to figure out what I wanted to slowly get there.

Cobra4me
06-19-2007, 08:53 PM
good luck with your terminator search and btw welcome!!

venom3469
06-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks lol

red04svtcobra
06-20-2007, 05:08 AM
Welcome to the site, alot of great people here.:thumbsup:

Lukabrozi
06-27-2007, 08:18 PM
1. get the '04
2. take your time with the mods. get the effect of each one so that you can enjoy the improvements.
3. 600 rwhp is just a brag number for 99% of cobra owners. running 10 sec is crazy if you havent done 12's and 11's yet a few times.
4. be prepared to treat your 600 hp pony like a trophy wife who has had a lot of plastic surgery. "gimme this..gimme that, gimme gimme gimme.
5. Keep all of your stock parts because you are going to need them when you get the "mod" violation ticket.

venom3469
06-27-2007, 10:36 PM
1. get the '04
2. take your time with the mods. get the effect of each one so that you can enjoy the improvements.
3. 600 rwhp is just a brag number for 99% of cobra owners. running 10 sec is crazy if you havent done 12's and 11's yet a few times.
4. be prepared to treat your 600 hp pony like a trophy wife who has had a lot of plastic surgery. "gimme this..gimme that, gimme gimme gimme.
5. Keep all of your stock parts because you are going to need them when you get the "mod" violation ticket.
Thanks lol mod violation ticket thatís funny. :rotf: Yes I don't want to just throw a crap load of mods on there. I do want to be able to feel each mod and be blown away with how much I have done with the cobra and appreciate it. Plus I just couldnít do that and spend that much money Iím 17teen I couldnít afford that if I wanted to. Hopefully I will be done with this project in about a year and a half. Thanks though for the help and info keep it coming.

:thumbsup: