PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issues.....Please help!

cobragirl96
06-20-2007, 01:29 AM
I have a 96 cobra with 94,000 miles on it. My car basically just died on me. The battery has juice, and from what we can tell, the starter and alternator are fine...I am wondering if there are any known issues with the electrical system I should be looking for? It used to have starting issues but once the correct battery was put in, that alleviated the problem...I am hoping having to avoid taking it to the shop since I am kinda broke...I also will be replacing the temp. sending unti since I have had cooling issues as well, and the fan isnt coming on...I dont know if that would have anything to do with it, but I thought I would mention it..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanx!

red04svtcobra
06-20-2007, 05:02 AM
I would check and make sure there is no corrosion between the battery and terminal. My Pontiac had that same problem and the battery terminal was dirty and wasn't making a good connection. I would try that, and hope that helps.:thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
06-20-2007, 03:35 PM
does the fuel pump come on when you turn the key to the "on" position (not cranking it)? Also, swapping out thermostats is a good idea if the fan is not coming on...