PDA

View Full Version : Official Registration Form for SCMC on Track at Gingerman Raceway -- Sept 15-16, 2007

cobrabitn
06-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Join the SCMC for some on track fun at Gingerman Receway in South Haven, MI, on September 15-16, 2007. The event is a school with in car instruction and an "All Ford" show. You will be driving in a safe controlled environment where you can safely drive your car the way it was built to be driven.

Special thanks to THK Co..LTD & Power Grid, Inc for sponsoring the event.
www.thk.com & www.powergridinc.com :thumbsup:

Go here to learn more about the track: www.gingermanraceway.com

This event is limited to the first 75 students/drivers.

Online registration will be available soon.

If you want to register by mail please download the registration form below. (See attached)

Please be sure to download the events packet below and read it before coming to the event. (See attached)

Lodging

The event hotel is the Holiday Inn & Suites in South Haven, MI. Because we cannot get a block of rooms this year, you will have to register on your own; however, we can still get the same rate as last year of $89.10 if you are a AAA member. (269) 637-8800

Event Organizers/Registration:

Brian Groth - Logistics - 1995 White SVT Cobra R Coupe
Rick McNutt - 2004 Silver Corvette Z06

Car Show Coordinators

Tony Sorrentino - Registration - 1994 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Larry Meyer - 2003 Zinc Yellow SVT Cobra Coupe

Tech Inspectors:

Burke Dawson (Lead Inspector) - 1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe

Paid Participants:

Rick Lynch - 2007 Red Roush Mustang GT
John Preisler - 2003 Mineral Gray SVT Cobra Coupe
Larry Hovey - 1997 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Rod Allen - 2003 Indigo Blue Superformance Cobra Mark III
Vernon Banks - 2007 White Shelby GT 500 Coupe
Jeff White - 2001 Mineral Gray SVT Cobra Coupe
Jay McArdle - 2004 Titanium MkIII Superformance Cobra
Barb McArdle - 2005 Dark Silver Cobra Daytona Coupe
Larry Bolton - 1997 Crystal White SVT Cobra Coupe
Ray Sweers - 2004 Blue Superformance Cobra Coupe
Peter Calvert - 2005 Silver Corvette (Just an ordinary one and not a Z06!!) :)
Jim Vander Wal - 2004 Black Superformance Cobra MkIII
Kent Morgan - 2003 Blue Superformance Cobra Coupe
Jayne McNutt - 2004 Silver Corvette Z06 Coupe :thumbsup:
Steven Fehr - 2007 Superformance MK III
Ed Erdy - 1966 Black Mustang Fastback
Mike Millage - 2003 MIneral Gray SVT Mustang Cobra Coupe
Adam Hartlmeier 1990 Ford Taurus SHO
Lew Groth - 1995 White Mustang Cobra R
Herb Smith - 1965 Blue & White Superformance Cobra MkIII
Tim Roark - 2003 Redfire SVT Cobra Coupe
Matt Slaven - 2007 Black Lotus Elige S Coupe
Dan Mroz - 2006 Red Lotus Elise Coupe
John Sorensen - 1995 Competition Orange Mustang GT Coupe
Jim Griffith - 1999 Electric Green SVT Cobra Convertible
Steven Reiche - 1993 Black Ford Taurus SHO
Robert Frink - 2002 Blue Superformance Cobra MkII
Brett Marshall - 2002 Chev Z06
Lawrence Lublin - Superformance Cobra
Eric Beaulieu - 1999 Mustang
Tony Millage - 2003 Mustang Cobra
Craig Aylsworth - 2002 Blue/White Superformance Cobra Convertible
Andrew Allendorf - 1997 Black SVT Cobra Coupe (Sponsor) :thumbsup:
Barb Matul - 1995 White SVT Mustang Cobra R Coupe
Mark Ruhling - 1994 Rio Red SVT Mustang Cobra Coupe
Ray Hilton - 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe
Jason Mead - 1994 Black Mustang GT Coupe
Tom Gloden - 1991 Mustang
Cliff Hemstock - SVT Lightning

Instructor List:

1. Darius Rudis
2. Norbert Hitt
3. Bill Rowe
4. Gene Kotlinski
5. Rick McNutt
6. James Brozynski

3ponies
07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Just printed out the packet. Any idea when the on line registration will be available? I hate snail mail.

As a reply to your 3 Cobras comment

A (1) Roush Stage 3 and 3 Mustangs are better than none!:bounce:

cobrabitn
07-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Should have it done by this week. :)

Lumpydogs
07-15-2007, 11:04 AM

3ponies
07-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Have been to Michigan once in the last 5 years. Going in August for the Woodward Cruise and Roush track event and back in September for this one! Any update on on line event registration?
Thanks and looking forward to it!
Rick

cobrabitn
07-27-2007, 08:16 AM
On line registration will be up as soon as Edmond gets to tweak it a little. Thanks! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
07-27-2007, 09:44 AM
On track registration is in the store and we're working on signing up for the show.

www.scmcstore.com :thumbsup:

3ponies
07-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I could not go directly to the shopping cart from this page. I was getting an error. I saved to wishlist and then processed. That seemed to work fine.
Thanks

cobrabitn
07-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Hmm...I'll see if Firme can fix it for you but we had another person just sign up on line. What do you mean the hotel is booked?? Did you try to get a room via the Internet or call?

TheSandman
07-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Tony, could not add Gingerman to shopping cart. It would not let me check out. Help!

3ponies
07-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Tony, could not add Gingerman to shopping cart. It would not let me check out. Help!
I had the same issue. Save it to the wish list first, then check out. I also booked the hotel in advance on line and booked a big room cheap but had to prepay.

Looking forward to fun in Michigan!

PETSNKE
07-28-2007, 07:12 PM

cobrabitn
07-29-2007, 12:03 AM
You don't have to save it to the wish list anymore, it should be working like normal. Thx Firme! :thumbsup:

Lumpydogs
07-29-2007, 04:06 PM

cobrabitn
08-05-2007, 10:11 PM
List Updated! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Add another AC Cobra, SVT Cobra, and Corvette to the bunch!

LeadSSled
08-08-2007, 11:57 AM
FYI, apparently Impalas are not welcome at Gingerman. You should be aware of that in case any should attempt to sign up for your event. If one were to make the trip and not be able to run, it could get ugly. Here is the whole story:

Here is the original post from the Corvette forum: LINK! (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1776432)

Last Thursday night I organized a group of friends and business associates to run the Evening Test and Tune at GingerMan. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive plus the time change so everyone took a vacation day. Our little group was 4 vettes, along with an M roadster, Impala SS and Mistu 3000 GT.

My co-worker with the Impala was registered, paid, suited up and heading to grid to run with our group, when the track manager stopped him and told him he could not run! The reason: His car was too big and heavy and not "sporty enough". (The track manager is wearing his PCA Tee shirt. )

I asked the track manager if he would look at the brakes and a few other things on the Impala and he refused, saying that insurance regulations would not permit the car on track!!!!!!!!!!

This same 94 Impala and driver was the Mid-Priced Sedan winner in the Car & Driver One Lap at least once that I can remember. It is outfitted with Wilwood GN calipers & rotors, (same caliper used on Winston Cup cars running at Watkins Glen) lowered on Eibach springs, Koni adjustables, Hodgkiss sway bars, ZF 6-speed manual, etc, etc, etc.

Dave has run this car at Road America, Watkins Glen, Blackhawk Farms, And GingerMan many times. His lap times have been consistent with experienced drivers running C4 Corvettes on R-compound tires (he runs full depth Michelins). He was really looking forward to running a new 383 engine that recently replaced the aging LT1.

Dave packs up the car and leaves with his son and friend after fighting manger for a refund on his credit card. I talk to track owner (Dan S.) and he refuses to over rule his manger. Dave has been giving manager attitude... yeah, like the manger isn't being a bit of an ass.

The rest of us decided to continue, but a cloud was over the whole evening. Meanwhile the manager has no problem letting a 4 door 280 Mercedes on track, a poorly maintained 3 Series with a driver that can't tell a checker from a black flag. We had to put up with a 911 racecar that seemed to be more of a rolling chicane that anything, as well as a lot of foreign speaking drivers that couldn't drive nor could they point you by. Then he added a fourth run group of these clowns with there superior German cars which cut down on our track time even more. They had to red flag one session because on of these geniuses ignored several black flags.

I know I will never organize another outing at GingerMan, and it's doubtful that I will run there again after this experience. It used to be one of my favorite tracks. Its three days later and I'm still upset.

Going to GingerMan? Call ahead to find out if your car is on the A-list. It may not be "cool" enough to run.

PETSNKE
08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I ran Gingerman T&T last year when a different manager was running the track (they have a new track manager every year, job must pay peanuts). I can tell you it was a free for all, cars were going off track almost every other lap. There was no authority figuire present that took control of grid. This year I ran Friday T&T before the SVTOA event and it was a totally different scenario.
They have a max of 6 cars on track, absolutely no-passengers unless you are a licensed instructor and only 3 passing zones. The main reason I made the trek last year was because I could take a passenger. When I asked about the changes this year I was told it was due to their insurance company, they must have had a claim or a carrier change. BTW, I agree this years track manager does have a bit of a attitude but maybe there's a reason for that.

Fortunately, SCMC will not be on their insurance or have to adhere to their requirements, but these rules will hold if there is a Friday night test & tune session available the day before.

BTW, I still got 3-20 minute sessions in for my $60

cobrabitn
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
SCMC carries its own insurance and not Gingerman's insurance. That's the first I ever heard of a Taxi cab problem but I will call them tomorrow and clear it up if I can get a hold of them. I thought Lensa was over the track?

I just read the rest of the thread and it seems mistakes were made and hopefully they can clear them up. I hate it for the Impala driver as I am sure he was very upset. We have never had a problem from this track, ever. They always look forward to us coming out and running our event. Again, I will check with Gary and see what if anything is different. :)

tazzracing1
08-09-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm ready for the show and remember Jeff I have a place for you car if need be.

Lumpydogs
08-09-2007, 01:25 PM

cobrabitn
08-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Cobra-R
08-20-2007, 11:56 AM
I just called the Holiday in Express in South Haven (the host hotel), they are full the weekend of our event.

If anyone finds rooms available at other South Haven Hotels, please post here, along with phone numbers.

Thanks Brian

Lumpydogs
08-20-2007, 01:26 PM

Cobra-R
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Thanks, Jeff

Anyone who is interested in running on Friday from 1pm-5pm for $60 at Gingerman, please post here. Gingerman needs a car count to see if it justifys having the track open on Friday. The steam club is coming in Friday evening, so running that night is not an option.

Thanks, Brian

PETSNKE
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Anyone who is interested in running on Friday from 1pm-5pm for $60 at Gingerman, please post here. Gingerman needs a car count to see if it justifys having the track open on Friday. The steam club is coming in Friday evening, so running that night is not an option.

You can count me in Brian :thumbsup:

Lumpydogs
08-20-2007, 07:12 PM

cobrabitn
08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Update on the situation with the Taxi Cab.

That night was a test and tune so those restrictions for the track do not apply to our event. We can have Taxi cabs if y'all want to come out and run with us. :) Basically, Gary told me it is our track for the weekend as it has been in the past and as long as we stay within the boundaries of our insurance, which covers non SCMC members, then our participants can run whatever car they want as long as they are safe for the track and no open wheel vs. closed wheel vehicles while out on the track.

SVT_KY
08-21-2007, 10:33 PM
The engine is back in Christine !!!!

WOOT !!!!

Now the question remains ... Do I just pay to play or do you need instructors?

Cliff

UPDATE: HAMPTON IS FULL FOR Saturday, but a block of rooms is opening up SEP 1st. Anyone know any other hotels?

Cobra-R
08-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Do I just pay to play or do you need instructors?

You should have already recieved a email answering this. :thumbsup:

Brian

cobrabitn
08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
List Updated! :woot: :woot:

Yeller'
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Never been to Gingerman so I'm looking forward to learning a new track (not to mention a new car). I'm gonna bum a haul up with Rick and Jayne.

I'll be registered by Thursday. :bounce:

cobrabitn
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
You'll enjoy it Brett!

DVS SHO 93
08-27-2007, 11:13 PM
If I dont purchase, but end up needing extra tickets for the BBQ on Saturday, can they be purchsed then? Also, I may have over looked it but I dont think I saw it, what are the rules for spectators/riders?

Lookin forward to runnin Gingerman again, hope you guys dont mind me and my Taurus. ;)

cobrabitn
08-27-2007, 11:22 PM
We hope you'll come out to our event and invite your friends. We take any track junkie at our track events. We just want to have fun and cover the cost of the event.

On to your questions....

BBQ tickets are purchased on line and if you need more then you can purchase some extra that day. We let you do this on the "honor" system if you wait till Saturday night. Basically, we pool our $$ together and have a big cookout on Saturday night. We just try to cover the cost of the meal and it is a good meal with plenty to eat or so it has been in the past.

Spectators are allowed, however last year the track charged a small fee to offset going up on the track rental. I believe it was $10.00 but if you entered the show, it was waived.

Rider's are allowed with instructors only and it will be in an instructor vehicle. We will not and do not have instructors driving student's cars with them in the passenger seat. Feel free to ask any question you want answered.

Thanks,

Tony

DVS SHO 93
08-27-2007, 11:49 PM
quickest reply ever.

When does the tracking stop, and how long are we allowed to hang around saturday night for the BBQ?

Also, how are you guys about moving up in run groups? I have run at Gingerman 3 times (once in the snow :eek: ) and have been a passenger at two other events. However, I dont want to be in a group where everyone is signifigantly faster than me. If I sign up for beginner, could I move up later in the day?

Is the no passenger rule a club rule?

cobrabitn
08-28-2007, 12:21 AM
We go hot at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and stop at 5:00 p.m.

We have no problem moving people up in to a more experienced group but we try to group people by skill and car capabilities.

It's a joint club/insurance rule that no passengers are allowed other than for demonstration. You are there to hone your skills as a driver not demonstrate them to your friends as a passenger.

BBQ lasts as long as everyone wants to hang around. Some participants will be camping out so they will be up most of the night.

Yeller'
08-28-2007, 09:25 AM
BBQ lasts as long as everyone wants to hang around. Some participants will be camping out so they will be up most of the night.

We are going to be camping out both Friday and Sat.
Anyone else camping?

Cobra-R
08-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Be aware, the gates usually get locked around 10 pm, so coming and going from the track after then is not possible. :thumbsup:

Brian

DVS SHO 93
08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Last question, how are the passing rules for beginner? I have another friend that is going to be there but he wants to run in beginner. I would like to run with him a couple session at least, but I have a little more experience at Gingerman than he does so I was thinking about running intermediate. But if passing is allowed in the beginner group, I might just run that also.

cobrabitn
08-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Passing is allowed in the beginner group with a hand signal by the person who is getting passed so the person passing knows they see him/her. I believe there are three passing zones at this track. :thumbsup:

DVS SHO 93
08-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I also didn't see an option for extra bbq tickets on the online order form.

Playtme
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I went to registration for the car show end of the gingerman weekend but it said "unavailable product"

tazzracing1
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I can't find the registration for the show.

cobrabitn
08-31-2007, 12:48 AM
We didn't put the car show on line but I'll see if Edmond can add it for you guys! :)

TheSandman
08-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Tony, I didn't pay for the BBQ when I registered. How do I pay for it now?

tazzracing1
08-31-2007, 11:36 AM
I will pay when I get there. The long drive I have. See you in 15 days

Cobra-R
08-31-2007, 10:02 PM
updated

BadPny
09-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi,

I'll be there for the car show on Saturday and the BBQ. The online registration is still down. So I guess I will pay on Saturday when I arrive.

Bill Drzal

cobrabitn
09-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Vernon,

Just pay at the track! I am really looking forward to having a relaxing event with tons of track time. This event is smaller and more of like one big happy family having an outing together as everyone at the Gingerman event knows everyone else.

This event is sponsored by THK Co..Ltd & Power Grid Inc.
www.thk.com & www.powergridinc.com

Here's what the awards will look like:

tazzracing1
09-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Looks good Tony, I can't wait to see all of you again. I'm trying to get ready for the show.

Cobra-R
09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Vernon,

Just pay at the track! I am really looking forward to having a relaxing event with tons of track time. This event is smaller and more of like one big happy family having an outing together as everyone at the Gingerman event knows everyone else.

This event is sponsored by THK Co..Ltd & Power Grid Inc.
www.thk.com & www.powergridinc.com

Here's what the awards will look like:

Tony,

It's great to see sponsorship come in for Gingerman. Can we get more information on what they offer and how we can support them, maybe a laymans explaination of what they do/offer? (yes, I did follow the links ;) )

cobrabitn
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
THK makes the swivel part of the Power Grid Adjustable sway bar links. I have these links on my 1994 Cobra and they allow you to adjust the sway bar for better weight balance. You will get to see them on my Cobra at Gingerman next week. I tried to get Chip to come out to the event so he can better explain his products but I haven't gotten a confirmation on his schedule yet.

THK is a multi-billion dollar company which produces a variety of products not just parts for these sway bars. You will get to meet Andrew at Gingerman, the SCMC member responsible for approaching and offering the club some sponsoring dollars. I'm sure we can get him to tell us a little more about THK as he is in upper management in the company.

Power Grid is run by Chip, a former Roush engineer, who is now in business for himself to promote a variety of suspension and performance automotive products. Dean Smeltzer uses his sway bar links on his NASA racer and it was by shear coincidence that Chip, Andrew, and Dean all have ties to the SCMC. Small world, isn't it? ;)

SVT_KY
09-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Trucks going to Modular Depot's Dyno Tomorrow !!!

Why aren't there more TRUCKS registered?

cobrabitn
09-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Everybody knows a truck can't keep up with a Snake... :rotf:

They're skeered! Ooops, gotta go... :run:

tazzracing1
09-05-2007, 11:40 PM
It's Smack Daddy(A.K.A. Tony)

Lumpydogs
09-08-2007, 12:02 PM

serpentoir
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Is Gingerman still allowing trucks? I know they seemed to be very annoyed with the Lightnings at the July SVTOA outting. How did you get that impression? I didn't notice anything unusual.

Lumpydogs
09-08-2007, 04:09 PM

tazzracing1
09-08-2007, 04:47 PM
There was a lightning out there this Monday when I stopped by show the L should be good to go. Might have been the group that was out there.

cobrabitn
09-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Again, this is our track for the weekend and if some of the Lightning owners want to come out and run, then they are welcome to come out. If they are going for test and tune during the week, then that is between the track and them.

Like any other business, Gingerman has to rent out its track facilities to clubs like ours to stay afloat. Gary made it explicitly clear to me that it is our track for the weekend as it always has been in the past. As long as the participants are safe, that is all they are concerned with and so is the club.

Please, unless you have some "facts" to back up "rumors" then don't post them in here. It could possibly stop potential SVT owners or other track enthusiasts from coming out and enjoying the weekend with us. We have enough to deal with, running the event and paying for it without someone spreading rumors.

We are fine with instructors, we purposely have only a few because almost everyone going like you has 10 plus events under their belts and do not need or want an instructor. We have numerous people on "back-up" for the weekend if we need any like Lew Groth, Peter Calvert, etc.... Besides, we haven't listed all of the instructors that will be there yet. ;)

Cobra-R
09-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Updated

Peter Calvert
09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey Tony:

My Corvette is only an ordinary one and not a Z06!! The Paid Participants list is too generous.

See you on the weekend.

Peter

cobrabitn
09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I got it fixed for you Pete! :thumbsup:

Peter Calvert
09-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey Tony - I just checked out your fix to my entry on the Paid Participants List for Gingerman. Funny Guy!!!

See you soon,

P.

cobrabitn
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I meant to ask you...are you doing the cooking Saturday night or do we have to see if either Dean or Brian will do it? (Maybe we can get Steve Ragan to come out and show us his technique?) :rotf:

Peter Calvert
09-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Tony:

I'll pack my barby and I'll be prepared to cook up a storm. We'll have to decide what to cook but we can do that Sat. afternoon. I'll also include some Sleemans!!! ;)

P.

PETSNKE
09-12-2007, 05:10 PM

Thanks, Brian

So is there any track time available on Friday?

Cobra-R
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
So is there any track time available on Friday?

Thanks for reminding me, Larry.

The steamclub has the track Friday night so that is out. The track offered us Friday afternoon, but we didn't get enough of a response, so that has been cancelled.

See you in a few days :thumbsup:

Brian

tazzracing1
09-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Well so far everyone made it here with no issues yet. I will keep you all posted.

DVS SHO 93
09-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Dont know if theres going to be another thread or not. But I wanted to say thanks to everyone for lettin us come out and play with our SHOs. We had a great time and we are already hoping to join you again next year. We kinda took off in a hurry cause we had a lot of driving to do back to Chicago & Milwuakee.

Thanks again!

SVT_KY
09-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Well, we made it back !!! Tony / Brian, you guys run a great event.

Every Cobra or Superformance driver shoudl take advantage of the
opportunity to come out and learn how to do it right.

Here's some new FARM TRUCK VID's ... Not sure which Moran I was chasing,
but it was fun trying to keep up with that car. Tom/Mike ... That car is BEAUTIFUL !!!

And Peter, I JUST might not have to buy that vette ... I can dayum near keep up with you with the truck !!! < just Kidding, buddy! >

John, Tom, Eric and all the rest of the Cobra Crew, I enjoy running with
you guys so much, it's like one big family.

Every person that is an SCMC or Superformance owner should take
advantage of this great opportunity to learn High Performance Driving
in a controlled, safe evnvironment.

See y'all Next Year ... And this time I will remembr the SHINE ....

Cliff

Right Click and save as, please.... my server is the weak sauce.

http://www.kyhorsepower.com/svt_ky/Gingerman_2007/SCMC_2007_Gingerman_0001.wmv

http://www.kyhorsepower.com/svt_ky/Gingerman_2007/SCMC_2007_Gingerman_0002.wmv

PS ... I have some other White Group chase videos if anyone is interested.
But unfortunately, I missed Darius's EXCURSION ...

cobrabitn
09-17-2007, 12:14 AM
We had a great time this weekend at Gingerman and it sure beats the 90 degree weather in NC. Our low was 39 degrees and the high was 65 today. What great weather all weekend, sunny and cool and my 94 Cobra ran great all weekend. I got plenty of track time both days so I was pleased.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following people:

Brian Groth for doing logistics for the event. He really made it look easy all weekend. Also for giving me some pointers while riding with me out on the track. :thumbsup:

Darius Rudis for helping Brian and doing the classroom portion. If I know one thing, I can alway count on Darius to be there and do what he commits to doing.

Janice Bolton for helping with the show and getting the food for the Saturday night cookout. For minding the store and selling the heck out of tee shirts all weekend!

Peter Calvert for doing the cooking Saturday night! :D

Larry Bolton for helping with tech at the event.

Larry Meyer for helping with the show and do a lot of the "legwork".

Mike and Tony Millage for helping with tech and car show judging.

James Enger for shooting the photos of the event.

Barb Matul for taking my car to the gas station to fill up.

Bill Drzal for helping Janice with the Saturday cookout grocery getting event.

Vernon Banks for helping me unload and reload the trailer all weekend.

All of the instructors who pitched in to help out:

Thomas Moran
Mike Moran
Lew Groth
Brian Groth
Bill Rowe
Norbitt Hitt
Peter Calvert
Darius Rudis
Marc Ruhling
Dean Smeltzer :)

Gingerman Raceway and their staff for being so accommodating.

THK and Andrew Allendorf for sponsoring our event. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of the members that came out for the show and the on track event. I look forward to this event every year because it feels like I am with family more so than friends. The laughing, giggling, and joke making, makes it all worth the while for the 1700 mile round trip each year.

If I missed anyone please feel free to e-mail me and let me know so I can thank you publicly.

I'll post photos as soon as James sends me the high res photos from the event. I expect to get them by the end of the week. Also, we recruited 1 new member and handed out applications to 5 potential new members and 2 renewals of which one of them renewed this weekend.

What a great time by all! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cobrabitn
09-17-2007, 12:17 AM
DVS Sho 93,

Glad you all had a good time and maybe next year there will be more from the SHO club to come out. :thumbsup:

Cobra-R
09-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out this weekend, it was a blast. :thumbsup:

I would like to thank Tony and all the volunteers, you all made the event go so smooth. As usual the instructors were great. We didn't have any serious incedents, which just shows how good you guys really are.

Gary and the crew at Gingerman raceway were the best, a huge thanks go out to them as well.

Hope to see a bunch of you again in Texas. :thumbsup: :bounce:

Brian

rfrink
09-17-2007, 10:59 AM
On Behalf of the Superformance guys and Gal, I wish to extend a sincere thanks for hosting another wonderful event and allowing us the privelage to participate. We all enjoyed ourselves!...had more track time than most of us could stand...and really appreciate the relaxed atmosphere supported by solid orgainzation and authority to keep everyone in line and things running smoothly.

From my experience, it has been a real pleasure to run with you SVT guys. Amazing cars, great drivers...and terrific folks... I'm looking forward to next year.

Hat's off to Tony and Brian..and everyone else that put this event together. Please invite us back again next year!!

Sincerely,
Rob Frink
Columbus, Ohio

Spitracer
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Tony and Brian,

I wanted to thank you guys and everyone else on the track at Gingerman on letting me do a little testing for my Triumph Spitfire in preparation for the SCCA Runoffs.

Hopefully I didn't make to much of an :moon: of myself, and stayed out of most everyones way....again sorry to the guy and wife in their white stang.

Chris

PS: Seeing all of your great cars made me regret selling our 89' 5.0 LX a number of years ago.

cobrabitn
09-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Rob,

Y'all (or should I say "everyone?" ;) ) are always welcome to come to any of our events as we always have a great time and many of us have formed solid friendships with many of the Superformance Cobra owners. I always look forward to seeing Jay and Barb out there with their cars. It's like they are part of the family now! :thumbsup: Thanks for the kudos..

Spitracer,

I tried so hard to pass you and did but then you got me back so I guess we are even. :rotf: It really looked like you were driving a go-kart in those turns because you were just smokin my snake! :D I hope you got plenty of track time and will come back next year. :thumbsup:

TheSandman
09-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Just wanted to say thank "ya'll" for the weekend of open track. The 14hrs of driving was well worth it. I really enjoyed myself runing with all:bounce: . I will be comming next yr for sure.:thumbsup: Thanks again for the laid back atmosphere and the "northern hospitility".:D Hope to see all in Texas!!:)

Lumpydogs
09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks to the SCMC for yet another GREAT EVENT. :D

Super Fantastic People. I really enjoyed gabbing with you folks.

Keep up the good work.

SVT_KY
09-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Anyone know this excellent hot shoe ????
(The one in FRONT, silly !!! Not MEH!)
I did notice that this lap was a 1:41 and change !!! Woot !!!

Chasin is Racing, Rubbin ain't racing (http://www.kyhorsepower.com/svt_ky/Gingerman_2007/SCMC_2007_Gingerman_0003.wmv)

serpentoir
09-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Anyone know this excellent hot shoe ????
(The one in FRONT, silly !!! Not MEH!)
I did notice that this lap was a 1:41 and change !!! Woot !!!

Chasin is Racing, Rubbin ain't racing (http://www.kyhorsepower.com/svt_ky/Gingerman_2007/SCMC_2007_Gingerman_0003.wmv)Hummm, I'm only one second slower than my instructor. ;)

SVT_KY
09-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Hummm, I'm only one second slower than my instructor. ;)

But Grasshopper, that wasn't the fastest lap I turned !!!

tazzracing1
09-18-2007, 07:12 AM
I wanted to say Thank You to everyone for coming to Gingman. I had a great time visting old friends and making new friends. I appreciate everyone who comes to our this event especially those who make the long drives here and everyone who joins in and helps to make this event a success. Our car show needs some work and we are getting there. I want to Thank eveyone for there ideas and help. Tony possibly next year:thumbsup: and Thank You for such a great club and oppertunities that are offered.

Lumpydogs
09-18-2007, 01:09 PM
So I crunched the numbers and discovered that I ran 1:42 - 1:43 consistently all weekend (without traffic). That puts me about 7 seconds off pace from being competitive with the instructors. By my calculations a slight change in my trackout on turn five will make up the 7 seconds. New line goes from early apex at turn 5 to late apex at turn 8 (across the grass) that should do it. :rotf:

Spitracer
09-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Tried that Sunday, little rough:burnout: still cleaning grass and small woodland animals out of the frame.

bolt-on
09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Tony and Brian,

I wanted to thank you guys and everyone else on the track at Gingerman on letting me do a little testing for my Triumph Spitfire in preparation for the SCCA Runoffs.

Hopefully I didn't make to much of an :moon: of myself, and stayed out of most everyones way....again sorry to the guy and wife in their white stang.

Chris

PS: Seeing all of your great cars made me regret selling our 89' 5.0 LX a number of years ago.

Enjoyed seeing your car run. Amazing grip. As for our incident, that was resolved with no bent sheet metal. Thanks for participating in our event and good luck at the SCCA Runoffs.

drudis
09-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Had a GREAT time. Look forward to it every year!

Only spun once... :eek: ... but have to say I never really went 4-off. I spun on the PAVEMENT in #6, and then DROVE on the grass to turn around. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Bad news was that once I figured out why the engine misfiring, I believe the custom chip wasnt talking to the engine... and it probably went lean, and (hopefully) only blew a head gasket. I dumped 50% of radiator (only water and W/W, no antifreeze) in turn#9, and limped in with 260'F water temps. Will disassemble motor soon.

p.s. Will post video clips on this thread:
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=195407#post195407

serpentoir
09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
no linky...
(http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/serpentnoir/?action=view&current=Gingermanlap07.flv)