PDA

View Full Version : What is the best 1st recommended upgrade for hp?

venom3469
06-22-2007, 12:46 AM
A lot of people told me to get a pulley but, what kind and what size it would be good if I could know what would give me the best performance. Also I was thinking about a CAI or SRI but, again which gives the most hp and what brand and model.

Then of course an exhaust I was thinking about borla but, I really donít know what to get on exhaust wise. Again hp and performance brand a model would be nice to know.

If any ideas or info please fill me in. Iím new but, I want to get off on a good foot and on the right road when I get my svt cobra 03 or 04. :thumbsup:

Exposed
06-22-2007, 05:38 AM
I will have some information shortly so you can compare. My son-in-law and myself are doing mods to our Cobra's this weekend. We just got his a couple weeks ago. It is bone stock 03 with 16,000 miles. I bought a 10th Anniversary 03 back in November with 32,000 miles. We ordered these mods this week and installing this weekend to both of them. Will do the tune next Wednesday on mine. I have not had my 03 dynoed but my son-in-laws was dynoed in Dallas prior to picking up. It had 370RWHP and 410 at the engine. We are hoping these mods will push it up about 70 RWHP... Won't know for sure until the dyno..... The Supercharger pulley is where most of the HP comes from... The rest is minimal but helps and supports the added boost.... Will post our results when we have them.....

Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Magnaflow Tru-X X-Pipe
JLT Performance Cold Air Intake
LFP Intercooler Heat Exchanger
Billetflow Supercharger Pulley 2.76
Billetflow 4 Pulley Idler Kit
IRS Brace
SCT Xcal2 Tuner
Performance Tune at Triangle Speed Shop (Orange, Texas)

XCOBRAX
06-22-2007, 06:13 AM
A 2.8 pulley, CAI (not a fender draw),X pipe with Hi-flow cats and a good cat-back exhaust should give you 70-80 rwhp.

Having the Eaton ported, adding an Accufab throttle body and a Metco 2# lower crank pulley should get you to 500+ rwhp and nearly 550 rwtq without messing with the fuel system.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING you can get for your Cobra is a good tuner with a dyno!

blk04cobra1
06-22-2007, 10:50 AM
A lot of people told me to get a pulley but, what kind and what size it would be good if I could know what would give me the best performance. Also I was thinking about a CAI or SRI but, again which gives the most hp and what brand and model.

Then of course an exhaust I was thinking about borla but, I really donít know what to get on exhaust wise. Again hp and performance brand a model would be nice to know.

If any ideas or info please fill me in. Iím new but, I want to get off on a good foot and on the right road when I get my svt cobra 03 or 04. :thumbsup:
My first suggestion, if you're doing one and only one mod at this time, would be to add a new catback. Normally I would say add a CAI as well, but the last few we've dyno'd with an intake and exhaust (no tune) have been extrememly lean 13+ air fuel...of course if you want more power, a pulley and dyno tune normally yields a 60-80rwhp increase in power.

venom3469
06-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Well I thought a pully, cai, and exhaust would be the good to do but idk. I heard the pully will give you about 20 or 30 and cai about 20 and exhaust about 5 to 10. Again thats what I have heard it will give you but, correct me if im wrong. Also yeah update me if you can with those mods I do wonder what it will put out.

blk04cobra1
06-23-2007, 12:05 AM
If you have the funds, a pulley, intake, exhaust (with midpipe) will yield anywhere from 445rwhp all the way upwards of 470rwhp...it just depends on which size pulley you get. The smaller the pulley (ie 2.76), the more boost you will create and the more power you will see. The larger the pulley (2.90, 3.10), the less amount of boost you will create. IMO, like others have said, the first round of mods should include an intake, pulley, catback, midpipe, and a dyno tune. This will hold you over til you want to do some suspension mods and cooling mods (ie: springs, irs bushings, larger heat exchanger, bigger intercooler resevoir).

ausie
06-23-2007, 01:27 PM
I would agree with blk04cobra1, first mod should be the cat back. In my opinion, upgrades should be done in stages which gives the exhaust a chance to settle in. Follow that by a CAI and pulley plus tune, that way you will be sure that the A/F is where it should be. Also, depending on the milage, you should probably swap out the primary O2 sensors prior the second mod with tune so you get good response in case the old O2 sensors are sluggish.

JROC
06-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Pulley, exhaust, CAI, tune.

spincobra03
06-23-2007, 11:53 PM
the best advise I can give if your not 100 percent sure on what to do is call a tuner and they will help you. Call dan or rob at pro-dyno they will explain what you need to have get the power along with the safety for your car. You will save money in the long run. A phone call will save you alot of money from wasting it on parts you didnt need in the first place.

venom3469
06-24-2007, 02:46 AM
Yeah that would be a good idea...thanks.