PDA

View Full Version : New from california

Slo_boy
06-25-2007, 02:45 AM
Hi everyone im looking into buying a cobra and thought this would be a good place to get some info. I want a 99-04 cobra... I also had some questions the 03-04 mach 1 mustangs compared to 99-02 cobras. I have alot of questions and dont know where to start...

Any help would be appreciated

nckissfan
06-25-2007, 07:38 AM
welcome, I hope we can help with your questions:thumbsup:

Slo_boy
06-25-2007, 02:34 PM
i have heard that in the 99 cobras the rods are weak its gamble of reliability if you put a blower on it with out changing the rods. Is this true? Also what is deal with the 99s, i have heard the numbers were over rated? How strong is the transmission in the 99s? What year did they switch to the T56 tremec? Can i achieve the same times with the IRS as i would with a solid rear end? If I kept the IRS, how much more difficult is it change the gears? What suspension mods would i need to make to improve traction? Will i have traction issues with a cobra, like an ls1 camaro has?

Now as for the mach 1's, they have a N/A terminator motor? I see that their numbers are pretty comparable to the 99 to 02 cobras except the torque is higher. Now from what i read, and maybe i read it wrong, the intake cams are from the 5.4L engine thus creating the higher torque. Is that true? If so if i changed the cams in it would make the car the same as a cam'd 99 to 02 cobra?