PDA

View Full Version : Voltage Problems

ggrab
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I had something strange happen with my '94 Cobra today. While I was driving the voltmeter jumped all the way to the highest reading and the battery and ABS lights came on. I then turned the A/C on. The voltmeter immediately went back to its normal postiion and the two lights went off. The next time I got on the gas hard and let the revs go up a bit (4K+) the voltmeter pegged again and the lights both came back on. I switched the A/C off and then back on again. When I switched the A/C back on, the voltmeter went back to normal and the lights went back off. At that point I was home. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

cobrapace94
06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Just a guess, but I would say the voltage regulator in the altenator is going out?

ggrab
06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Since I got home and wrote my post, I have been thinking and doing a little research. I also believe that the voltage regulator is likely to blame. It looks easy to replace and should be fairly cheap. I'm just going to go ahead and replace it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be the problem.

InfamousSVT
07-03-2007, 07:05 AM
So how did the fix go?