PDA

View Full Version : VSS Question

SuperG
07-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Way back when...I cleaned the TB after removing the throttle cable assembly. Once I out it back together, the speedometer ceased working. Now I get a P0500 code and that is the Variable Speed Sensor.

I am not sure why this code considering I never touched the thing. But to make sure I am thinking of the right part, this is where I changed the little plastic gear in at the transmission housing to account for the 3.73 rear end, right?

I will try cleaning the connection to see if that helps, and I'll also take a look at the plastic gear.

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

SNAKEYE
07-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Way back when...I cleaned the TB after removing the throttle cable assembly. Once I out it back together, the speedometer ceased working. Now I get a P0500 code and that is the Variable Speed Sensor.

I am not sure why this code considering I never touched the thing. But to make sure I am thinking of the right part, this is where I changed the little plastic gear in at the transmission housing to account for the 3.73 rear end, right?

I will try cleaning the connection to see if that helps, and I'll also take a look at the plastic gear.

Any other suggestions are appreciated!
I do not see any direct relationship between the TB and the VSS either.

Indirectly however, there may be a physical wire harness relationship as, I believe, the VSS wiring is right there in the vicinity of the TB and cables.
While checking out the VSS unit on the tranny check out the wire harness running from it forward and up over the bellhousing on its way up to the right (passengerside) rear corner of the engine compartment. You may have inadvertently pulled on it while working on the TB stuff. Or it may be loose and become abraided, and is shortly to ground as it crosses the edges of the tranny and/or bellhousing.

SuperG
07-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Ah...now that's a good idea! Thanks!