PDA

View Full Version : How does the Computer Mount Properly?

SuperG
07-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Long ago, I took the computer out of the passenger side housing, which sets beneath the dash when I was working on the supercharger, its stock chip, and some other things...Well now I have an SCT tune and all things are good, except I cannot figure out how that little box and the gazillion fofillion wires go back into that little compartment.

Any diagrams or verbal help is greatly appreciated!

SNAKEYE
07-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Long ago, I took the computer out of the passenger side housing, which sets beneath the dash when I was working on the supercharger, its stock chip, and some other things...Well now I have an SCT tune and all things are good, except I cannot figure out how that little box and the gazillion fofillion wires go back into that little compartment.

Any diagrams or verbal help is greatly appreciated!
With the "gazillion fofillion wire" connector plugged and screwed onto the ECU box, and with the connector toward the floor with the chip end of the ECU up, slip the top end of the ECU into the pocket within the door post, and shove it up in there. If I recall correctly mine just hangs up in there supported by the "gazillion fofillion wires" and a couple of other wire harnesses that run by there.

SuperG
07-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Ha! Yeah, there are so many wires that they should provide adequate support!