PDA

View Full Version : New post and question

blwn pny
07-10-2007, 01:12 AM
OK ladies and gents, I noticed last week that the weather strip on my 03 convertible passenger widow (rear quarter) had about an inch cut out (garage kept, occasional use but took it to SC on business a month ago) Any way after callig the dealer and being told that the part was $750 (the molding is bonded to the rear quarter) I tempted fate with E-bay (my 16 yo daughter was so proud). Any how I won the auction for 19.99 (they did screw me with $12 S&H) I was ready to try and replace the window. I don't like working on cars any more but just wasn't going to pay that much cash for a $10 piece of rubber. Anyway install took about 1.5 hours and went fine, but when I pulled out the rear passenger panel I found what appears to be a seatbelt shoulder harness. It's about 10 inches long, yellow, velcro wrap with ford racing on it. It appears to have been put there during build by the dust and indents. Is this normal? I pulled it out then put it back when I re assembled# Zinc yellow vert #115

wvmystichrome
07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
WOW. Are you the original owner of the car? I have heard of people find different things in their cars but nothing near this. Good find though.

blwn pny
07-12-2007, 12:42 AM
wish I could say I was. It was originally bought in GA, and after replacing the window, I don't know if I would look for anything else. I bought it with 14k on it about 3yrs ago, Just didn't know if those were tucked in there from SVT or why. From the dust and markings it looks like it was there from build and can't figure out why anyone would go through the trouble of putting a $20 part there (I am assuming there is one on the other side). Any way I was just surprised and thought you folks may know.

blueblazes
07-12-2007, 02:53 PM
:ttiwwop:
ive heard of alot of interesting little things being done on some of the 03's from the svt on blower being painted to stuff on back of speedo cluster but this is a first