PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro #2740936 - Minneapolis area, MN

ArmchairDeity
07-11-2007, 03:46 PM
[Forgot to say, I'm from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area in MN]

I'm sure these introductions get to be a bit old, so I'll keep this brief. ;)

I am the proud (and most recent) owner of a 1994 SVT Cobra. It was fitted by a previous owner with the Saleen S-351 body kit, a biplane spoiler, and a few bolt-on mods (HP pulleys, ignition, coil, K&N, etc.). For some reason it pulls 170HP on the dyno, which seems to me to be a bit low... but I hope to fix that. I've owned it for a little under a year.

It's also got a 4-bolt brace and a fiberglass hood... all the aerodynamics are active and when you hit about 95MPH, the mileage goes up and the ride smooths out. I've had it up to 130MPH before... it was running at about 2500RPM in 4th gear, which isn't even in the power range, so I don't have a clue where it would top out. :D

It was slotted to become a drag car, and the guy who was modding it added the Supercharged stickers to the hood, but it isn't supercharged. So there's (hopefully) a Kenne Bell kit in the relatively near future.

I'm a programmer, focusing on Adobe technologies (ColdFusion, Flex, AIR, etc.) and I'm freelance/independent, which gives me the flexibility to break my day up and take my Pony for a ride. :D

I have to say that I TOTALLY love my car, though... any day I drive it is a good day.

ArmchairDeity
07-11-2007, 04:32 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/91/234919640_18c8b89d06_o.jpg

cobrabitn
07-11-2007, 10:36 PM
We always like for new forum members to introduce themselves so we never get tired of readin about different folks in different parts of the country. We usually call it Minn-e-soda though.... :rotf: Thanks for dropping in! :thumbsup:

tazzracing1
07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Welcome and great to have you here, Great looking ride.

nckissfan
07-12-2007, 09:54 AM
welcome, have fun here:thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
07-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Welcome, I grew up in Oslo up til I was about 3 or so.

ArmchairDeity
07-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey all... thanks for the welcome!

It's cool, I have wanted a Mustang since I was 5. Seriously. I'm from a long line of Ford folks, and the look and feel of the Pony just gave me warm fuzzies. So I finally get one and it's not even a piece of crap! :D

I'll try to get some better pics for the forum though, and list all my mods, eventually, too!

Thanks again for the greetings!

red04svtcobra... Oslo is WAY out there... I'll bet having a Cobra in that part of the state could be Some Big Fun(tm) provided you know the local police and sheriff deputies personally. ;)