PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cobra Front Suspension

TomCat
07-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I have an 04 Cobra that runs and handles beautifully. However when I backup slowly I can hear a popping or knuckling sound coming from the front suspension. It may just be something flexing. I've checked and nothing is loose or obviously damaged. Its only when reversing slowly. Is this normal or what could it be. Any thoughts out there
TomCat

red04svtcobra
07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Mine does it every once in awhile, I think they had a fix for this under warranty but not real positive. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know for sure.

COBRAkid
07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
I have this same problem and it has gotten worse....... Is it a tie rod?!?!?!?!?!?

It only happens when I turn the car so mine might be different than you guys

NewFoundPower
07-19-2007, 11:36 PM
I have been dealing with this for months, my mechanic can find nothing but it sends shivers up my spine everytime I hear it.

-D-

Voodoo Snake
07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Its the tie rod...i had mine replaced 2 months ago because of the annoying noise it made.

Exposed
07-20-2007, 10:31 AM
This must a common deal.. My wife ask me the other day what the popping was when I was backing up... I said I could not see anything wrong but suspected it might be a tie rod or something in that area... Tie rods should be that costly to replace but will require front end to be re-aligned...