PDA

View Full Version : Whipple and idlers

mkkrs1
07-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I have the billet flow 4pc idler set up. Will I still be able to use all four with a whipple or are there clearance issues with the 4th idler. If so what is the largest upper you can use.

Big T
07-22-2007, 10:35 PM
I put my billetflow idlers on (including the aux idler) with the 3.5 upper and it fit for me. I'm not using the aux idler now because my belt is a little too small and I'm about to get a smaller upper pulley and I didn't feel like getting another belt for a few weeks of driving. The whipple comes with the 3.5 upper as far as I know and if you want a smaller pulley you have to buy it. Try to fit the aux idler on there and see if it fits. By the way, you must be running some nitrous and a port for those numbers in your sig.. Why the switch to the whipple?

mkkrs1
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
yes I have a ported eaton with some back up in the trunk:D .I'm wanting more power on motor is the reason I'm looking to swap.

Big T
07-23-2007, 08:05 PM
yes I have a ported eaton with some back up in the trunk:D .I'm wanting more power on motor is the reason I'm looking to swap.
Your current numbers are insane. How much boost are you looking to run and are you going to use the nitrous along with the whipple?

mkkrs1
07-24-2007, 07:31 PM
probably going with 19psi and keep the NOS but back it down some. My car isn't a daily car so I don't mind buying good gas.

blueblazes
07-24-2007, 10:53 PM
you can run all 4 idlers.

If you run a 4lb lower and a 3.25 upper that will give you 19lbs. Or you can run a 6lb lower and the stock 3.5 upper pulley.

I used the 100mm uptop just have to take the idler off put the belt on then squeeze the belt together and slide the idler on and bolt it down. Worked great.

InfamousSVT
07-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Congrats on the Whipple Mike, can't wait to see it at the next dragday.

What kind of idler snub bracket do you have, if it's the newest one from Billet flow with the "bend" in it towards the blower snout I don't believe you'll be able to run the stock 3.5 upper.
I'd op for the 3.25" upper and 4lb lower........run no more than a 50 shot for the gas and you'll have loads of fun all day long. Make sure the a/f is on target and go with the GT40 pumps with an upgraded FPMD (or whatever the abreviation is) :thumbsup: