PDA

View Full Version : accufab throttle body

COBRAkid
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
I have juststalled my new accufab 70mm wide ovalwith polished plenium and Ihavea coupleof thingstosay......

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! What differencethis tb makes! Instant gratification....

I do have onequestion though

It seems to bea little sticky... what isthe best wayto solve this???

Big T
07-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Mine was sticky for a while and it worked itself out after a few weeks. It was like I couldn't edge up slowly from a stop. I also had difficulty going up inclines in stop and go traffic. I had some issues with the bbk 65mm and the sticking wouldn't resolve itself so I got the accufab. I had to clean mine on occassion on the inside and I lubricated the spring on the outside where the throttle cable attaches but you shouldn't need cleaning yet. The bigger TB's don't seem to have the finesse that the stock one has, but the performance difference is worth it in my opinion. I know this hasn't helped much. By the way, how's your idle?

COBRAkid
07-26-2007, 12:37 PM
my idle is a little different. it like to stay high for like 5-10 seconds then go to normal idle after a rev.... it also doesnt like to cut down on rpms when shift time comes... when i shift it stays a tad higher just for that slpit second and my shifts have to be that bit longer to catch without chirping tire.... i like the TB and i think it is worth all of the money... question

if i take the idle down just a tad does anyone think that this would help this little split second problem????

Big T
07-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Mine does something similar to what you describe. It idles high at times until I give it some gas. I just live with it. I had a lot of problems with the BBK including a very high idle and stalling. I did someidle adjustment which helped some.

blk04cobra1
07-30-2007, 09:35 AM
The real way to cure this is to take it apart and redo the set screws...some have been known to work themselves out of being "sticky"...be careful if you choose this route, it's not very difficult but can void your warranty from Accufab.