PDA

View Full Version : Help identify this noise

red04svtcobra
07-31-2007, 10:18 PM
I have this noise that sounds like it is coming from the back of the car or somewhere in that area that sounds like a loose lug or something. I only hear it happen when I start off from a stop. Its not loud but noticable from inside with windows down. Thats the best I can describe it and was wondering if anyone else has had this noise. Also does anyone have problems getting their car in first gear sometimes or makes a clunking noise while going in if the car is not at a complete stop. Thanks:scratch:

Big T
07-31-2007, 10:24 PM
I have a similar noise in the rear when I come to abrupt stop or if I'm pulling into reverse and then going into 1st(like coming out of my driveway). As far as the 2nd noise, My trans has always been noisey.

red04svtcobra
07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah it sounds more of like a click. I don't thinks its anything I need to worry about, it just bothers me not knowing what it is everytime I hear it.

blueblazes
08-01-2007, 10:56 AM
check rear end make sure you dont have any fluid leaking if it is leaking make sure you check fluid levels.

The clicking could possibly be the axles going bad maybe?

some possibilities

COBRA_ESQ
08-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Ckeck out this TSB for 03's maybe same issue

http://www.stangnet.com/images/stories/docs/sn95_TSBs/03-09-05.pdf

red04svtcobra
08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Checked for leaks and none at all. I also checked that TSB and that doesn't seem to be it. The sound is so hard to describe on the internet but it sounds exactely like when a rock is stuck in the tire and contacts the pavement, more of a click and does it once. Thanks for the help guys.:thumbsup:

Big T
08-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Ckeck out this TSB for o3's maybe same issue

http://www.stangnet.com/images/stories/docs/sn95_TSBs/03-09-05.pdf
That's my problem exactly.

ausie
08-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the tip, will have to check that out since I too have gotten similar issues that have developed. I have the same mystery noise that sounds like a stone has freed itself from the tires but the sound is definately chasis related (almost as if something is rolling around in the trunk area).

whitestang04GT
08-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I got a good one..Had a customer come in one time for a click in the rear, but only when he was first starting or almost stopping...One in a million, turned out to be a screw shrank that had broken off the head inside the tire & was bouncing around inside the tie falling on the rim when he went slow..Talk about a fun one to diagnois.

red04svtcobra
08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I got a good one..Had a customer come in one time for a click in the rear, but only when he was first starting or almost stopping...One in a million, turned out to be a screw shrank that had broken off the head inside the tire & was bouncing around inside the tie falling on the rim when he went slow..Talk about a fun one to diagnois.May have to take a good look at the tires this weekend and see if this is the culprit. I hope it is, thanks