PDA

View Full Version : alternator issue???

03bloodredsnake
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
well ive been through 3 in that last year. is there any solution to this problem. i dont want to run 13lbs of boost on a whipple with no crank pulley. i currently have the 4lb set up with the upgraded pulley for it from lfp please help as i grow tired of this annoying issue. will an upgraded alternator more amps from pa performance help?? i dont know what else to do:( :( :( :(

JymBart
08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Just asking, ... have you changed the alternator pulley or are you using the stock alternator pulley?

JymBart

03bloodredsnake
08-04-2007, 01:04 PM
i have changed it just before it went so probably didnt matter but. i called pa performance .great place the guy there told me to go with the 8lb alternator pulley instead of the 4lb. which is weird because i have a 4 lb lower but he did some kind of matmatical equations of my rpm redline and alt pulley size to figure it out that the 8 lb alt pulley 3.70 would be better that the 4 lb 3.20 so im gonna order that and see if that solves it

blk04cobra1
08-04-2007, 04:14 PM
PA seems to make a good aftermarket alternator, but ive also heard of them having some issues...

Y2KCOBRA88
08-07-2007, 06:39 PM
i got a brand new one from ford by chance after mine failed at the track. the first replacement was a rebuilt. still holding strong but i will get a pa performance from lfp if this one goes.... the rebuilts from ford just don't hold up.