PDA

View Full Version : MSR Houston

Bullitt519
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi I am new to the fourm My name is Shawn. I drive a 2001 Bullitt #0519 DHG.

I just had A question for yall. I see that yall do track days at MSR and was wondering if yall would be opposed to having some of the local bullitt guys join yall. I know were not "cobras" but there is not many of us to justify paying that much to rent the track for one day. If you could give a response that would be great. And thanks for your time.
Shawn

cobrabitn
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Bring the Bullitts on....as we would love to have you guys come out to our events. Woould like to see some come out to MI next month with us, too. Please spread the word for us about our Gingerman event and MSR events to any Mustang owners that want to attend. :thumbsup:

SuperG
08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Heck yeah, you guys are welcome...everyone's welcome!!

jimmysidecarr
08-06-2007, 11:49 PM
YOU BET you are welcome!!!

BULLITTs, MACHs, GTs, BMWs, Porches, Vettes, Maros, Birds, Foxbodies, Lambos, Ferraris...

We love lots of different cars at our events!!!

It keeps it interesting for everyone running and those who tag along to spectate!!! :thumbsup:

The spectating is almost as good as running your car!!! :doubt:

Ok that last bit was a total fabrication.... ;) :p

Nothing even comes close to running your car out there!!!

Bullitt519
08-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Thank's Guys this will be great to have some where to race. And what is this MI you talk about? Also what kind of exper. do you need I have only been on a track once, do you do ride alongs to help people out and about how many runs can you get it. :thumbsup:

I hope some of the other bullitts will show some interest :spoke:

97CasperCobra
08-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Thank's Guys this will be great to have some where to race. And what is this MI you talk about? Also what kind of exper. do you need I have only been on a track once, do you do ride alongs to help people out and about how many runs can you get it. :thumbsup:

I hope some of the other bullitts will show some interest :spoke:

I'm guessing the MI is for an event in Michigan. :dunno:

As far as experience.....you will most likely get an instructor your first few times. you drive and he rides with you, coaching you along the way. When he sees you're capable of driving on your own he will sign you off, though there are no promises that you will drive on your own. IMO, you can never have enough "coaching" as each instructor offers something different. :thumbsup:

SuperG
08-07-2007, 01:08 PM
As far as experience.....you will most likely get an instructor your first few times.
That's right, and there are some truly great instructors. You'll be classed with other like-drivers, which keeps you and everyone else safe.

Vorpal
08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
So I guess that I would be welcome in my SVT Focus, then? If so, where can I find registration information? :D

Bullitt519
08-07-2007, 02:09 PM
So are we running solo or is there going to be someone else at the same time? I was thinking we were going to run a lap time it the the next guy goes kinda like auto X.

If I go with yall will it cost more since I am new or dose the reg fee cover all that with instructer?

97CasperCobra
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
So I guess that I would be welcome in my SVT Focus, then? If so, where can I find registration information? :D
YES!!!! I will be bringing mine as well as the Cobra!!!! :thumbsup:

So are we running solo or is there going to be someone else at the same time? I was thinking we were going to run a lap time it the the next guy goes kinda like auto X.
If I go with yall will it cost more since I am new or dose the reg fee cover all that with instructer?
You will run in a group of 15-20 cars. Registration fee covers EVERYTHING!!! You will only need to bring a SA2000 or above helmet and get your car inspected.

The registration information will be coming out soon....please stay tuned!!!! :thumbsup:

Firme
08-07-2007, 04:12 PM
:thumbsup: It it will be great to have some more Bullitts and SVT Focus's out there.

The track is 2.4 miles long, and the run sessions are ~20 minutes. People are grouped with like skilled drivers, and go out on track together during their run session. You will definitely have an instructor riding with you, and giving pointers. The laps are not timed due to insurance reasons, as this is a driving education event, and we are all there to be safe, have fun, and learn to drive our cars better. Your experience level, or the fact that your run group has instructors does not change the price of the event. We alway try to lure new commers to the driving events, so more people can get addicted...... err I mean enjoy, the open track experience. :bounce:

Levi
08-07-2007, 04:40 PM
If it's got four wheels, bring it, drive it, show and shine it. There is nothing like it and it is all about having safe fun on and off the track. The people make it happen and the track at MSRH brings it all together for use Track Junkies to get our fix. :cool:

cobrabitn
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm guessing the MI is for an event in Michigan. :dunno:

Yes it is, we want to spread the fun around a little. :thumbsup:

Bullitt519
08-08-2007, 03:19 PM
I have a DOT Bell M helmet so I guess that wont do. I know the auto-x allows them and so dose the drifter scene. Dose anyone know where I can get one for a good deal.

97CasperCobra
08-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I have a DOT Bell M helmet so I guess that wont do. I know the auto-x allows them and so dose the drifter scene. Dose anyone know where I can get one for a good deal.

http://www.gforce.com/ :thumbsup:

Bullitt519
08-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks

So it has to be a SA2005 or above?

If so I am looking at the G-FORCE Pro Force Hybrid Helmet I wear glasses and am worried about the fog up. And these say they are great for that. Comments?

Firme
08-09-2007, 01:49 AM
Thanks

So it has to be a SA2005 or above?

If so I am looking at the G-FORCE Pro Force Hybrid Helmet I wear glasses and am worried about the fog up. And these say they are great for that. Comments?

SA2000 and above will work.

slither01
08-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Dose anyone know where I can get one for a good deal.I have a SA2000 G-Force GF-750 open face helmet, and since my car most likely won't be making any more track appearances I guess I no longer need it. I used it two times, its white and in perfect condition. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks.

OOPS! I just re-read, its got to be a SA2005??? Uh, sorry about this post, please disregard.

97CasperCobra
08-09-2007, 03:56 PM
OOPS! I just re-read, its got to be a SA2005??? Uh, sorry about this post, please disregard.

SA2000 and above will work.

it'll work!!! :thumbsup:

slither01
08-09-2007, 04:03 PM
ARGHHH! Note to self:doh2: pay closer attention!

Bullitt519
08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I have a SA2000 G-Force GF-750 open face helmet, and since my car most likely won't be making any more track appearances I guess I no longer need it. I used it two times, its white and in perfect condition. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks.

PM me how much you want for it, has it ever been dropped or badly abbused?

SA2000 or above from what was stated above. :thumbsup:

xtc4u
08-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Word! Bring what you got! These guys/gals are fantastic! I don't drive a Mustang or Cobra and I'm always joining their events. The MSR-Houston track day events are the best time you can have on 4 wheels.:thumbsup:

UFO
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
So I guess that I would be welcome in my SVT Focus, then? If so, where can I find registration information? :DUgh, more horrible little faggoty cars. It annoys me no end how all you non-Cobra owners think you can just turn up at the Cobra event and run.

So, yeah, I might leave the Lancer at home and put the Focus on track this year; we'll see. Hurry up with the sign-up you bastards ;).

jimmysidecarr
08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Ugh, more horrible little faggoty cars. It annoys me no end how all you non-Cobra owners think you can just turn up at the Cobra event and run.

So, yeah, I might leave the Lancer at home and put the Focus on track this year; we'll see. Hurry up with the sign-up you bastards ;).

:rotf: :rotf: :lol: :D

03 cobra toy
08-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Ugh, more horrible little faggoty cars. It annoys me no end how all you non-Cobra owners think you can just turn up at the Cobra event and run.

:drunk: :drunk: :cheers: :fordflag: :D

Bullitt519
08-16-2007, 10:22 PM

Well I have a 240 to if you would like I will bring that!