PDA

View Full Version : 94-98 cobra convert to 03-04 cobra front end...

SVT_COBRA_98
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey y'all hope all is going well for you. I screwed up my front bumper on my 98 cobra. Blew a rear tire and lost control did a donut on the freeway and nicked the rear bumper and did a good bit on the front bumper. I wanted to have a fresh start on my car as far as looks. I wanted to paint it competition orage or sonic blue(both ford colors). Any idea on a color? I have black but I highly dislike it! The other thing is I wanted to convert my front as a 03-04 cobra. I looked into it and I obviously need headlights, front bumper, hood, and fender. I'm not to worried on if holes dont line up because I know they won't, it will take some sweat, hopes, dreams and a hell of alot of work. now I'm 92% sure the 99-04 mustang is wider by 2-3 inches. My question is minus the custom work involved do y'all think a 03-04 cobra front section(fenders up) would have a cool difference with with a 98 cobra back half(door back). Some may not like it but I think it would be cool, not sure if its just me or not. Also if anyone knows people that have done this or if you have, please give me a little info on it. I can make it work, I'm expirenced in body work stuff but im a little shy on money right now ha,so its more of waiting to bring that in.
Anyhow thanks y'all!
Be Safe.God Bless.Drive Fast. Lose Tread.
jeremy angel
www.myspace.com/carolinaborn87

sssvtcobra
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I saw this (maybe not exatly this but it was a new edge front on a 94-98 car), but it looked alright. I saw it in a magazine, either Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords or 5.0 Mustang.

SVT_COBRA_98
08-16-2007, 07:50 PM
that sounds sexy as hell...i love those edges

nckissfan
08-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I think ABC Exclusive is selling a 04 front end style that fits the 94-98

cobrabitn
08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Honestly if you want my opinion, I think you should keep the body style you have and not put an 03-04 front end on it. There are numerous reasons besides the headaches you will most likely encounter with the body work. But if I were into doing trick stuff, I'd probably repaint the car black and maybe do some silver ghost flames on it on the hood. I definitely like the 96-98 hood and I think you'd run into problems there too as far as alignment with the Terminator front end.

I guess you don't like black but nothing beats a black Cobra with blacked out windows if it is polished and doesn't have swirls in the paint and has been freshly Zainoed! :thumbsup:

nckissfan
08-17-2007, 05:39 AM
my deal with the 04 front ends on the 94-98's is the lines are not proportioned the same. The 94-98 is a much smoother, sexier body, while the 04 is more square. They don't really look at home on the 94-98 bodies, in my opinion.