PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat housing cracked

tazzracing1
08-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. I have had two Cobras now and the thermostat housing has cracked on both. I was wondering if someone makes a better replacement.

svtsilversnake
08-19-2007, 02:30 PM
ive actualy never heard of that problem but if you go with a low temp stat you chould gain a little more durability and your motor will run coller preventing detination since you have boost your eaton blower

tazzracing1
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
I thought about getting an 180 for it.

svtsilversnake
08-20-2007, 12:50 PM
probly wouldnt hurt if u did. but if this one craks than u just might have bad luck,and should probly just go buy a camaro.....ha yea right. good luck my man i hope u get it worked out

tazzracing1
08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I figue the first one from not tightening it evenly, The 2nd was from a cheap oring(seal) which caused a minor leak and the seapage caused corrosion around the bolt and housing. The housing should be here soon.

Shane361
09-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Was under the assumption that 180 was the stock temp to open. Be careful when dealing with thermos. If it isnt the rite lenght it will not work properly. Also say get Ford to do the coolant flush after you pick your thermo. Your engine isnt worth attempting to burp the system yourself. People do it..but Ford uses a maching do draw the coolant and air out and then installed the coolant. A maching we dont have in the garage.-Shane

tazzracing1
09-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Running great and burped it here at home no issues yet. Just have to take your time. I did go back to a stock thermo.