PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on TOB Replacement

SuperG
08-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, I am hearing a chirping sound and am fairly certain it's the TOB. The noise disappears as soon as I engage the clutch, even slightly.

So, any recommendations for parts and where I should get the parts replaced are greatly appreciated!

nckissfan
08-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I have always read that the factory Ford TOB is the best to use. I don't know how true that is, just what I have read.

SuperG
08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I have always read that the factory Ford TOB is the best to use. I don't know how true that is, just what I have read.
I have seen the same thing...now to find a decent tranny shop...

svtsilversnake
08-22-2007, 12:02 AM
does the sound dissapear when you up the throtle because if it does its just your motor vibrating at low rpm . mine does a little too. and the factory trans has a little slop in them. ive never been in a 99-02 mustang cobra or mach 1 that didnt hav that. but slop in the rear is different and a biger prob. sorry i got off subject .hope you figure it out

cobrapace94
08-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Tommy Vauhn Ford should have the TOB. No need for a tranny shop, do it yourself.... Not that hard, just time consuming (or someone who does work on the side?). Might try some local shops, Slaters, HP, PSI or whom ever you choose and get a quote. I can assume that when you had the engine rebuilt, they did not do anything to the clutch, flywheel or TOB? What clutch do you have? How old?

SuperG
08-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Tommy Vauhn Ford should have the TOB. No need for a tranny shop, do it yourself.... Not that hard, just time consuming (or someone who does work on the side?). Might try some local shops, Slaters, HP, PSI or whom ever you choose and get a quote. I can assume that when you had the engine rebuilt, they did not do anything to the clutch, flywheel or TOB? What clutch do you have? How old?
Nothing done to tranny since its birth. And the noise did not start until recently...plus it goes away simply by touching the clutch pedal. I had the same issue years ago on my Z28, so I kind of recognize this problem.

TOB's are cheap and I think I can get a friend to help out.