PDA

View Full Version : mm Grip box?

Kenny04Cobra
08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey,
i was wondering if anybody has the MM Grip box?? if so, how hard was it to install? any bad stuff happen? is it worth it? ride quality?

Ive been wanting to "fix" the suspension in my car, and i think tha the grip box might be the best bet.... im just trying to get opinions and stuff.. Thanx!:thumbsup:

Kenny

blk04cobra1
08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
I dont have the "grip" box per say, but where I noticed a difference was with full length subframes (kenny brown matrix system), H&R springs and the poly bushings from MM. You can swap out the shocks as well.

JROC
08-22-2007, 05:44 AM
I have this kit but I haven't installed it yet so I can't really tell you much about it, but if you think it looks nice in pictures you should see it in person. Very quality looking produce.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260665

iceman412
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I installed the Maximum Grip box with the delrin control arm bushings myself about 6 months ago. It's pretty straight forward. All of the special tools you'll need are included in the kit. You'll have to drill the bushings out of the IRS mounts. There's a good thread I downloaded to do it, can't remember where I got it from. Follow the directions for installing the delrin control arm bushings to the letter. Installing these incorrectly will result in slop and clunking when cornering. Hang the rear brakes from a wire to prevent removing the brake lines and having to bleed them. When I went to re-install it, I had trouble getting it aligned and all the way up before the springs started lifting the car. I was installing H&R race springs anyway, so I bolted it in without the springs and installed them after. I used the stock lower isolators front and rear and MM's uppers, (parted in half to lower it more). I read in a thread that using MM's upper and lower actually raise the car. My stance is perfect with 18's front and rear, 295/35 and 275/35, front/rear. I've got the Steeda brace, MM subframe connectors and home made strut tower brace in the rear, MM up front, MM caster/camber plates. The beast handles like a slot car and the wheel hop is non-existant. In other word, well worth the money and a do it yourself job, if you have high jackstands and a little know how. Any more questions, let me know...