PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Clutch Replacement Recommendation

SuperG
08-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Guys, if I am going to replace the TOB, should I go ahead and plan to replace the clutch? I am sure it's the original clutch...if so, what should I get? Is this a cable shifter or hydraulic clutch?

What else should I do while these parts are separated?

svtsilversnake
08-23-2007, 12:01 PM
since urn pushing 400 hp. id get a billit aluminum flywheel. mcloued makeks good clutches. i wouldnt go over a stage 2 with out sacraficing drivability. and if u press down on your clutch the pressure pushing you foot gets greater or anr fluctuates a little than chances are that you have a sping loaded clutch not hydrolic. also hydrolics are usualy super smoothed unlike the slight vibration u get with cable assisted. hope this helps

red04svtcobra
08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I am going to be going with a fidenza alum. flywheel, spec or spec3 clutch and relace my throwout bearing, and change my input shaft from 10 spline to 26 spline for added strength. Might want to add MM Performance what they recommend and pretty sure they will guide you in the right direction.

SuperG
08-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys!! Now I need to find a reputable shop in Houston...if possible!

dewone
08-24-2007, 11:29 AM
There is a guy in Katy that did some work for me when I lived there. I found him through the NAPA right there in Katy, they reffered me to him.
He fixed a problem with my Z28 I had 3 other garages look at with no results over a 10 year period and was quite reasonible with pricing. Wish I could remember his name to tell you. Perhaps just go to NAPA in Katy and ask. His garage is behind his house right there in Katy. If that helps!

red04svtcobra
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys!! Now I need to find a reputable shop in Houston...if possible!I went to the School of Automtive Machinists there in Houston back in 2001 and remember there was also a place over near Oriellys by the tracks. Stop in there and ask Judson if he knows of a place, really cool guy (owner) and tell him Chris Hull said hi. :thumbsup: