PDA

View Full Version : best flash tuner

svtsilversnake
08-24-2007, 12:54 AM
ok i live about 100 miles from the nearest reputable tune shop and they use sct. however ther is a place called auto electic that has an aeg dynojet. and the guy does custom tunes with diablo sport. he has worked on 4v cobra's and owns a 98 with 630 hp and 650ft tourqe. my question is i need a good flash tune but i do want to get a custom tune at some point. has any one had luck with diablo flash tunes or are they crap
. and should i just get an sct. and just buy a diablo when i get the custom tune.cuz i dont like havn to drive that far to pay a **** load of money

blueblazes
08-24-2007, 01:19 AM
they will both get the job done. When it comes to diablo vs sct its just like ford vs chevy its all opinion. Most people seem to use sct that im aware of but there are alot of people using diablo.

Either way these should be able to tune your car to your needs. I would suggest doing some research on the tuners more than the difference between the sct/diablo. Reason I say that is you may get a better product by going from one software to the other but end up with a tuner who is going to rush you through and not take the time to dial in your application.

Find someone who is willing to put the time in and make sure your car is 110% even if it costs a bit more money than the other guy. The person doing the tuning is as important if not more important than the software they are tuning with. Take the time to form your own opinion and dont just rely on what someone tells you about said tuner.

SuperG
08-24-2007, 08:18 AM
I totally agree! But I tell you, if that fella has 630Hp on his '98, it sounds like he knows what he is doing!! Make sure his car runs well and find out how long it's been running with his setup and tune.

What I would give if a reliable tuner was within 100 miles of me...

Shane361
09-14-2007, 10:27 PM
SCT2 is a better handheld tuner than Diablo. How much does it really matter...I dont think much but some will say other wise. A good tuner can tune with either so if you have the Diablo keep it, get the car tuned with the guy you mentioned. I used an SCT2 on my GT and have a Diablo on my current Cobra-Shane