PDA

View Full Version : Cobra emblems on NON-cobras

SN8KBYT
08-26-2007, 10:38 AM
So a friend sof mine decided to go ahead and put Cobra emblems on his non cobra. No usually i just point and laugh but in this case i ragged on an photo i saw he has posted with the car. And the worse part is it is only a 3.8 hahah, just wanted to get your opinions on what i should do.

nckissfan
08-26-2007, 10:42 AM
nothing you can do, as it isn't your car, although it is extremely stupid on his part. People like that make me sick.

VenomSVT
08-26-2007, 11:54 AM
nothing you can do, as it isn't your car, although it is extremely stupid on his part. People like that make me sick.+100000000

cobrabitn
08-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Stuff like that used to bother me....now I really don't care because today's 6 cylinder owner is tomorrow's Cobra owner. ;)

RF Cobra
08-26-2007, 02:13 PM
He just needs to buy a plate to put under it that says "Cobra wannabe." ;)

Maybe Data Plates Plus can make some for him.

svtsilversnake
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Stuff like that used to bother me....now I really don't care because today's 6 cylinder owner is tomorrow's Cobra owner. ;)the only other mustang i owned besides my 01 was a 00 v6 and that was less than a year ago so i completly agree with cobrabitn. however i would never put cobra emblems on a v6 or even a gt unless of course it was fast as hell then i might consider it..... but factory there is no way. you should give him ****. i know i would

red04svtcobra
08-27-2007, 09:41 PM
I personally hate it when people decide to do that. If they are ever in a race and get beat, then a bad rep is that cobras are slow!!! I paid good money for my cobra for what it is, NOT for what I want it to be. Same goes for Saleens!! If they can't afford a cobra then that fine but don't go and make it a wannabe because all that does is hurt the value of the real ones out there.:D

BadMoFo
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
have seen a couple of examples of this. one was a 99-04 gt, had 20 rims on it, and the cobra emblems on theside facing the wrong way. anouther 99-04 yellow vert that lives down the road from me. its a v6 with dual exhuast, has 98 cobra rims on it, v6 emblems on the sides but the 99 cobra emblem on the rear bumper that says svt and has a cobra on it. :doubt: oh well if people race them and smoke them, they will roll up to a real cobra and think they can beat it. always like to see the look on their face when they catch up. :eek:

HotRod98
08-29-2007, 11:29 PM
As long as you're not actively trying to pass the car off as something it's not I don't think it's that big of a deal. I have a Cadillac flying "V" on my beater 93 Seville, but anyone who knows what the "V" is, and sees it on my car definitely knows it's there as a joke. (especially when they see the "custom" 3-pipe exhaust) :eek:

JROC
09-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Cobra emblems on non-Cobra Mustangs FTL. :retard:

Shane361
09-14-2007, 08:09 PM
That my friend is called RICE:rolleyes: -Shane

mfelice03
10-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Tell them to go on e-bay and buy a 'real' Cobra. Now is the time to do it since sellers will be flexible with price, given winter is around the corner. You can get a Terminator for mid-20s which is less than a new GT...go figure!

It's kinda sad though...:baby:

95cobraR
11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
It doesn't matter to me.

I say you should do whatever floats your boat (or Cobra). :thumbsup:

MarcInJapan
11-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I have no problem with what people do with their cars. Its their cars and they paid for them. Now, if he goes around telling everyone its a cobra, then he is lying and that I do have a problem with.

gtdrivr
11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
This is exactly the reason they steal the emblems off of REAL cobras. I had mine ripped off. The Ford dealership just said "stolen, right? It happens all the time." I'm still looking for those emblems (and payback). the eyes were painted mytsichrome, so I look at every one I see on a non-cobra just in case, lol.

cobrabitn
11-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Did you know that the 03/04 Cobras were supposed to have the eyes painted red? Wonder why Ford never did that?? :scratch:

95svtCOBRA
12-28-2007, 01:30 PM
there is a guy with a gt who was eyeing my snake emblems up pretty good, and one day i overheard him talking about taking mine and another guys emblems off and putting them on his car. Needless to say when i found out we had some choice words. Im in the military so dont think **** like that doesnt go on in here to. Thats why you gotta watch out for people like this. Its their car but hey when yours is in a parking lot, you are their open house for parts.:mad:

William
12-29-2007, 02:55 AM
My '04 GT with the 1.7L Kenne Bell has more RWHP and RWTQ than a stock '04 Cobra and when I installed the KB S/C on it, I thought it would be a good idea to install an '04 Cobra hood and front bumper cover to compliment and reduce heat emitted from the S/C. Anyway, one of our fellow Cobra owners; I don't think he is a member here, saw all of this "Cobra" OEM stuff on my car with the "GT" name plates on the doors and rear and laughed at me. He said, "What's the matter? Can't afford the "REAL THING?" Well, when I bought the GT, I couldn't afford the Cobra but a year later, I was making 3x more and could afford pretty much anything I wanted and bought my Cobra. To make a long story short, the light turned green and we both went at it.

:touche:

I had him by 3 car lengths before we hit 3rd. gear. As we approached another insection, we came to a red light and I said, "I'd hate to have seen what would've happened to you had I been driving my Cobra!" Light turned green again, and he left in a hurry. :firedevil

The point to this story is...if your Mustang V6 or GT has the performance of or near that of a Cobra, than by all means go for it. I personally don't put any emblems of Cobra stature on my GT because it is "JUST" a GT; it just performs like a Cobra. :thumbsup: