PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to the "A" Team -- "A" stands for awesome!

cobrabitn
08-26-2007, 12:24 PM
This post will take a little while to think about but I want to first say that all of you are "AWESOME"! You all are truly the "A" team as yesterday worked just like clock work and we manhandled the crowd and the event....so here goes:

I would like to thank the following people:

The Dealership:

David Brown of Parkway Ford as he really promoted this event and it showed by the big crowd we had yesterday. We broke our old attendance record of 145 and set a new record of 182 participants.

David Phillips of Parkway Ford who kept in communication with the club and helped the dealership to set everything up on Saturday.

The Club Members:

Dave Stanfield who started registration and followed up till it was over
Terry Stanfield who put everything on computer and had the results spit out in minutes

Bill Dangerfield as the contact person for the club and the dealership
Binky Dangerfield for the awesome job she did at registration

Tina Boyle for the awesome job she did at registration
Mike Boyle for the great job he did at registration

Lisa Milstead for selling the heck out of club merchandise
Clarence Milstead for the great job he did helping to put the right cars in the right class.

Burke Dawson for helping with set up and logistics
Lauren for supporting Burke and helping Lisa with merchandise sales

Allan Scott for pictures and logistics
Leah Scott for supporting Allan and helping with show registration

Rich Riley for event set up and layout for parking cars. It was much easier this year to find cars since they were all grouped together better.

Mike Hipskind for helping with Parking
Chris Hull for helping with parking
Kevin Flick for helping with recruiting and parking
Jesse Benge for helping with parking
Kenny for helping with parking

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank these people for braving the heat and going out and judging the 33 classes we had to judge:

Jeff Finkelstein
Burke Dawson
Bill Dangerfield
Lisa Milstead
Clarence Milstead
Tim Brown
JJ Crowe
Robbie Kiser
Bill Jones
Mike Boyle
Allan Scott
Matt Marshall
Kevin Flick
Dennis Kirchdoerfer
Chris Hull

If I missed anyone please e-mail me and I will add you to the list as it is important that everyone gets thanked properly no matter how small or big the task. If you helped out, I want to thank you! :thumbsup:

mrmach@comporium.net

SCMC hit a record turnout with 182 show participants! :thumbsup:

nckissfan
08-27-2007, 06:52 AM
I'll add, thanks to Mike Hipskind for suggesting the two way radios, as those helped with communication tremendously:thumbsup:

VenomSVT
08-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Speaking of 2-way radios, I'm missing one of my Cobra 2-ways. It was left on the registration table. Did anyone pick it up?

Also, I helped Jeff with judging.:thumbsup:

RF Cobra
08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
I think it got put in the club trailer.

red04svtcobra
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Speaking of 2-way radios, I'm missing one of my Cobra 2-ways. It was left on the registration table. Did anyone pick it up?

Also, I helped Jeff with judging.:thumbsup:Mike, sorry I didn't realize that was yours until we got ready to leave. I gave it to another lady by the trailer (taking the judging sheets) as I thought it was the clubs. Dummy me http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/lightning_015/smilies%20and%20funny%20pics/bangbang.gif

RF Cobra
08-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Mike, if you go to the club's ebay page you might be able to buy it back.

;)

97whitevert
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Also, I helped Jeff with judging.:thumbsup:

I was handed one, so I guess it is yours!

Now, I need 1 gazillion dollars in unmarked small bills. Once you have notified me that you indeed have it - we will talk.
be aware, DO NOT notify the police or your precious radio will never live to squawk again!

97whitevert
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
I too wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributed to the smooth running of the show!

I am still recuparating from the heat - it did take it's toll on me! :(

And nope, I didn't get the chance to cruise Cobra Alley :eek: :eek:

Cobra4me
08-28-2007, 12:17 AM
thanks Tony, when I saw "A" team, I thought in my case it meant "AGED" team

RF Cobra
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
:rotf: Nah. The club's just buying a really big black van with a red stripe on it to haul all of us around in. ;)

thanks Tony, when I saw "A" team, I thought in my case it meant "AGED" team

Seriously, I think that was the best and smoothest show at Parkway Ford that I have been to and I think that everyone that helped did a superb job of making it turn out the way that it did. :thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
08-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Very true, I had a few people leave while I was parking cars and told me that this was the best organized event that they had attend in years but had to leave because of the heat. I think the only ISSUE we may run into next year is parking. :eek:

VenomSVT
08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I was handed one, so I guess it is yours!

Now, I need 1 gazillion dollars in unmarked small bills. Once you have notified me that you indeed have it - we will talk.
be aware, DO NOT notify the police or your precious radio will never live to squawk again!Lisa your holding it for ransome!:eek: Please don't hurt that little squalker! Let me see if my money tree has starting growing yet.:rotf:

johnbasf
09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
:thumbsup: I'd like to nominate Dave Stanfield as the "member of the decade" Dave is always on point. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
09-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Here is the official winner's list for the Parkway event. Please remember that "you must be present to win" or else we go down the line to the next winner.

Thanks!

97whitevert
09-09-2007, 08:11 AM
:thumbsup: I'd like to nominate Dave Stanfield as the "member of the decade" Dave is always on point. :thumbsup:I'll Second that nomination!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

blueblazes
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM
thanks Tony, when I saw "A" team, I thought in my case it meant "AGED" teamif the "A" Team stood for "aged" team im sure you would be the one leading the group :tongue:

J/K see ya this weekend man