PDA

View Full Version : i need help with a touch up paint problem

svtsilversnake
08-30-2007, 01:23 PM
ok i went to macco and got a lot of touch up pain for 10 buck and it matches almost perfect when i used it on some small blemishes but there was a spot on the back left side of my bumper than was about a full inch squared and it was all the way to the bumber material (no primer left) my guess is a rock hit it and just driving in the rain eroded it but when i went to fill it in the pain looks darker but when you look at it at a steep angle i looks normal aside frome being uneven. i tride puting several coats on it but just cant seem to get it to lighten up.i think the black bumper is just shoing through the paint. please help cuz i thnk it looks worse now

red04svtcobra
08-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Got any pics?

nckissfan
08-30-2007, 05:21 PM
you should be able to find a painter in your area that can just blend that spot. There should be a company that does that type of work for the car dealers. It shouldn't cost a great deal. The metallic paints are very tough to get to look right.

svtsilversnake
08-30-2007, 08:35 PM
ill pm them or post as soon as i take them which may be tomorrow. im also obsesive compulsive when it comes to asthetics. thanks for you input...and i got that shifter today. that thing looks like its buit to do the job. looks sweet and the knob i wont even start with that cuz ill get hard.haha