PDA

View Full Version : RWTD: Killer Chiller Mod

JROC
09-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Do ya'll think that this is a good mod to do. It looks pretty innovative.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/killer-chiller-now-available-special-intro-77397.html

I am in the process of finishing my suspension mods and next I want to start focusing on making more power, which ofcourse makes the cooling mods a priority.

blueblazes
09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
im not really sold on it. You have to wrap the ac lines and cooler lines if you want to use it at the track and not water the track down. Its alot of work to isntall and ive yet to see anyone post up IAT2 datalogs of before and after. Ive seen the datalogs showing the temp of the fluid going through there, and it was cold but what really matters is how much its affecting the iat2's.

In reality a small wet shot say 50 or so would be more effective and create more hp. Then you dont have to worry about being kicked off track for watering it down.

03slidewayzSVT
09-04-2007, 04:13 PM
That sound like it would work..I'd change the orifice to a thermal exspantion valve that could regulate the temp. increases...

JROC
09-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. If its something that mainly to cool your car while your staging then I wouldn't want it, as I never go to the track.(maybe one of these days) I was just thinking that it might be a good mod for running around the streets with during the summer months, as I have accept A/C FTW in my older age. :D

blueblazes
09-05-2007, 11:44 PM
The only bottleneck i can really see to this kit is really our intercooler. If the kits works as it would appear on paper then the biggest problem would be how much heat can the intercooler help get rid of with a large amount of boost being pushed across it. I believe the phrase is Thermal efficiency. Dont get me wrong we have an incredible intercooler in our cars its made by garret, but it still has its limits.

What really puzzles me is that this kit has been out for about 6months or more and been worked on for more than that, but they keep avoiding answering the question as to what the IAT2's are. The kit is so expensive not many people have gotten their hands on it so test data is fairly sparse other than what the vendor has shown. The data that they have shown is that the coolant going into the intercooler is cool which is great, but not what the IAT2's are showing which is more important.