PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear on BBC America

Bartman01
09-09-2007, 12:46 AM
FYI - BBC America is showing Top Gear on Mondays. Not sure how old or complete the episodes are.

93Hatch
09-09-2007, 08:34 AM
FYI - BBC America is showing Top Gear on Mondays. Not sure how old or complete the episodes are.
All episodes are from the 2006 season. :D

As far as I know, they are the full hour-long episodes which aired in the UK last year.

Bartman01
09-09-2007, 11:31 AM
As far as I know, they are the full hour-long episodes which aired in the UK last year.

The original shows were 1 hour with no commercials mid-show. If they show it here in a 1 hour time slot WITH commercials then they will have to cut something out to fit it in.

93Hatch
09-09-2007, 11:51 AM
The original shows were 1 hour with no commercials mid-show. If they show it here in a 1 hour time slot WITH commercials then they will have to cut something out to fit it in.

I was not aware of that. Yes, there were commercials, so you would be correct. :D

Bartman01
09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Haven't seen one yet, but from finalgear.com it looks like they:
cut the news segment
cut random segments
possibly some different music

UFO
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Why would anybody want to watch a show with a bunch of pompous limeys talking about cars that you can't even buy here? Who won the war anyway?

P.S. I would imagine they would cut the 'star in a reasonably priced car' segment. Did they? I don't have BBC America ironically enough.

93Hatch
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Why would anybody want to watch a show with a bunch of pompous limeys talking about cars that you can't even buy here? Who won the war anyway?

P.S. I would imagine they would cut the 'star in a reasonably priced car' segment. Did they? I don't have BBC America ironically enough.

Well they didn't stop it for 2006. Which is what is on now.

I don't really watch it for their spot on commentary. On occasion they are funny, this is the only reason I watch it.

Well that, and I wish I had their racetrack in my backyard. :D

ORANGE CRUSH
09-09-2007, 11:48 PM

bunch of pompous limeys :rotf:

UFO
09-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Well they didn't stop it for 2006. Which is what is on now.

I don't really watch it for their spot on commentary. On occasion they are funny, this is the only reason I watch it.

Well that, and I wish I had their racetrack in my backyard. :DOh, I know the British show had the 'star in a reasonably priced car' but many of the 'stars' are British people not well known over here so I would think that is a section that could easily be cut for the American market.

UFO
09-10-2007, 07:56 AM
bunch of pompous limeys :rotf:I was thinking of you as I wrote that. Then again, I'm always thinking of you....

93Hatch
09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh, I know the British show had the 'star in a reasonably priced car' but many of the 'stars' are British people not well known over here so I would think that is a section that could easily be cut for the American market.
I agree. Many of the people I have no clue who they are. Gordon Ramsay was the only one I knew out of the ones which have appeared...then came along Ewan McGregor, so there are two...out of how many? :D